Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] NVidia crash fix
6.0.251 and Linux: Is there an issue with XT plugins GUI rendering and nvidia drivers?
When I try to use XT-DC Drum Character (for example) I got Xrun (although CPU usage is like 15-20%).
With legacy controls, all work fine
@keefaz: it is possible that your soudcard and video-card share some computer resource (bus/interrupt/memory-cache?) and this would be outside the scope of Mixbus's operation.

If you're using a USB device, you could try using a different USB port on your computer (preferably on a different USB bus entirely). Anecdotally, that sometimes fixes a problem like you describe.

Also: if your audio device is connected to a USB "hub": don't do that Smile

-Ben
No, I use firewire audio card connected on a firewire pci-e card which has its own IRQ
Not sure about memory cache
I asked here because the XT plugin GUI worked fine in previous version, with this update as soon as plugin window opens, sound freezes and start to get lot of Xrun
In terminal window at same time I see messages about direct rendering and OpenGL, so I guess it must has something to do with the nividia drivers knowing they take ownership of the GLX library when installed

Idea Maybe a solution: in the nvidia-settings application if I uncheck Sync to VBlank setting, it seems everything works fine, no sound freeze and no more Xrun
After more session tries, the solution continues to work so I will consider it solved for my part