Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus32C v6.0.251 "hotfix" update
We have published a new version of Mixbus32C which addresses many small issues that were reported after the v6.0 launch.

This software update is free for both "Demo" and "Licensed" users of Mixbus32C.

If you are affected by any of the issues listed below, we encourage you to download the new software.

To download the latest software, please visit the Mixbus32C product page, and click "Download"

Changes in v6.0.251
  • MacOS thread priority fixes - should dramatically improve cpu usage when using smaller buffer (lower latency) settings.
  • In the past, Mixbuses were not listed as sources in the stem-export dialog: They are now available as sources for stem-export.
  • Allow the bundled a-Delay plugin to boost gain up to 20dB
  • Reverse-play was not working. This has been fixed along with several minor playback and looping glitches.
  • During fast-forward, many MIDI messages were being dropped. This could (for example) prevent you from stopping the transport from a controller, after pushing ffwd. This has been fixed.
  • When assigning a “group”, it was not possible to un-check the “bussing” group assignment. This has been fixed.
  • In the past, you could enable “punch record” at the same time as looping. This is no longer practical due to the complex nature of loop-recording. You can record in a loop, OR you can enable a Punch range; but you cannot do both.
  • Ruler-labels on the left side of the timecode rulers were using a color that made them effectively invisible. This has been fixed; but if you have modified your local color preferences then you’ll need to “reset to defaults” to get the changes.
  • “Master-chain” template script was not adding the plugins as intended. This has been fixed.
  • In the case where you already have 1 or more foldback buses, and you add an additional foldback bus, the <,> buttons were not enabled correctly, so it was hard to navigate between the foldback buses until a close/reopen. This has been fixed.
  • Fixed some issues where sidechain-ports didn’t get a unique name (maybe drag/copying the plugin to anther strip?)
  • Fixed some crashes when switching session snapshots
  • Correctly save the Undo history file when a new action clears the undo stack, so leftover undo items won’t be in the file if you immediately close & re-open the session.
  • Zero the xrun counter when opening a new session
  • Fix a short burst of sound that sometimes occurred when loading a session with a muted or disabled track
  • Improvements to PT-session import: increased the size of sessions we can load; and better recognize the file version #
  • Resize session dialog back to original size on “back” button
  • Always set the “natural position” timestamp when importing files with a timestamp
  • MacOS: allow a user to manually calibrate hardware systemic latency, overriding MacOS defaults
  • Retain the visible inline controls when you drag a plugin to another strip
  • Fix an intermittent crash when showing the Automation menu
  • Fix some cases where opening an old (v4, v5) session could result in “all buses on”. We think this issue was related to template tracks, and/or lua scripting actions.
  • Fix a problem where tracks in a template didn’t get their name set correctly
  • Fix a problem: when the user removed an input port from a track, the channelcount of the strip didn’t change until plugins were re-ordered
  • Fixed numeric entry in the plugin “latency” widget
  • Prompt user whenever we delete a VCA from the mixer window, like we do in the editor.
  • Show enough polarity buttons for their position in the signal flow, not just the number of inputs on a track
  • Ardour-style “Send” gain automation was not being recalled. This has been fixed
  • Replace missing MIDI files with an empty region, and alert the user. (this should never happen anyway, since midi files are always internal to the session)
  • Fixed a crash when creating sessions at 192k.
  • when Session Properties -> Fades -> "Declick when transport starts and stops" is disabled, MIDI notes in regions do not play at all.
  • Control Surfaces:
    • All surfaces ( Mackie, Faderport, US2400, Launch Control, etc) had the “pan” knob reversed. This has been fixed.
    • When selecting an action from the menu to reassign the F-keys (assignable actions), it was always switching back to the defaults. This has been fixed.
    • MIDI controllers: when you bank to a new selected strip, any controls (like EQ freq) that doesn’t exist on the newly selected strip should be disabled; not continue to adjust the control on the prior selected strip.
  • ...plus many minor fixes
Thanks, Ben!
Yay! I hope to try it out tonight! This look fantastic.
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
Hey Ben, I'm using the gcc5 version and I just tried to do the update for this hotfix and the only version I'm seeing is Mixbus32C-6.0.251-x86_64.
Here is the previous version: Mixbus32C-6.0.0-x86_64-gcc5.
No more gcc5 version or am I missing something?

EDIT: I tried downloading again and now it's there. Very strange.
Thanks for this hotfix update.

The reversed pan knob bug on control surfaces was quite perturbing Smile.