Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem recording with ALSA in 5.3
Hello, kinda of a newbie here. I've had Mixbus for awhile but I don't use it often. Unbuntu Studio 18.x and Mixbus 4.x worked fine. Install, open, record, playback thru ALSA. No problems. Using Behringer UMC202HD A/D. I updated to Ubuntu Studio 19.10 and Mixbus 5.3 recently, and now I can only record with Jack and playback thru ALSA. It used to record and playback with ALSA.Why is that? Help would be much appreciated as I'm stuck. I did open Audacity and was able to playback and record with it.
(02-27-2020, 11:20 AM)rbrtlame Wrote: Hello, kinda of a newbie here. I've had Mixbus for awhile but I don't use it often. Unbuntu Studio 18.x and Mixbus 4.x worked fine. Install, open, record, playback thru ALSA. No problems. Using Behringer UMC202HD A/D. I updated to Ubuntu Studio 19.10 and Mixbus 5.3 recently, and now I can only record with Jack and playback thru ALSA. It used to record and playback with ALSA.Why is that? Help would be much appreciated as I'm stuck. I did open Audacity and was able to playback and record with it.

Do you have two audio interfaces, and recoding from one, and output to another? Is it possible, that jack has taken one interface, so you cannot open it with alsa?
Linux veteran and music novice
Follow inspiration, not trends!
Thanks for replying. That's possible I guess. I have an integrated sound card on the laptop. I will check that.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
(03-03-2020, 08:20 AM)rbrtlame Wrote: Thanks for replying. That's possible I guess. I have an integrated sound card on the laptop. I will check that.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

So I'm not getting anywhere. I'm to the point where I can listen to tracks that were prerecorded, but no matter what I've tried, I can't get tracks to record. I'm not getting any input.I'm using a UMC202HD. I've never had an issue until I upgraded the OS and Mixbus. I've been asked to play on someone's project and I'm dead in the water. Is there an 800# to call Harrison for support?
[WARNING]: AlsaAudioBackend: adjusted output channel count to match device.
[WARNING]: AlsaAudioBackend: adjusted input channel count to match device.
[WARNING]: Unsupported required LV2 feature: 'http://lv2plug.in/ns/ext/buf-size#fixedBlockLength' in 'Big Meter'.
[WARNING]: Unsupported required LV2 feature: 'http://lv2plug.in/ns/ext/event' in 'Foo YC20 Organ'.
[WARNING]: Unsupported required LV2 feature: 'http://lv2plug.in/ns/ext/uri-map' in 'Foo YC20 Organ'.
[INFO]: harvid version: 803
[INFO]: Loading menus from /opt/Mixbus-5.3.22/etc/ardour.menus
[ERROR]: AlsaBackend::connect: Invalid Destination port: (PulseAudio JACK Source:front-left)
[ERROR]: AlsaBackend::connect: Invalid Destination port: (PulseAudio JACK Source:front-right)
[ERROR]: AlsaBackend::connect: Invalid Destination port: (PulseAudio JACK Source:front-left)
[ERROR]: AlsaBackend::connect: Invalid Destination port: (PulseAudio JACK Source:front-right)
[ERROR]: AlsaBackend::connect: Invalid Source port: (PulseAudio JACK Sink:front-left)
[ERROR]: AlsaBackend::connect: Invalid Source port: (PulseAudio JACK Sink:front-right)
[INFO]: Loading 443 MIDI patches from /opt/Mixbus-5.3.22/share/patchfiles
[INFO]: Loading plugin order file /home/artofsound/.config/mixbus5/plugin_metadata/plugin_order
[INFO]: Loading history from /home/artofsound/Music/Mixbus v5.0/test123/test123.history
(04-05-2020, 08:58 PM)rbrtlame Wrote: [WARNING]: AlsaAudioBackend: adjusted output channel count to match device.
[WARNING]: AlsaAudioBackend: adjusted input channel count to match device.
[WARNING]: Unsupported required LV2 feature: 'http://lv2plug.in/ns/ext/buf-size#fixedBlockLength' in 'Big Meter'.
[WARNING]: Unsupported required LV2 feature: 'http://lv2plug.in/ns/ext/event' in 'Foo YC20 Organ'.
[WARNING]: Unsupported required LV2 feature: 'http://lv2plug.in/ns/ext/uri-map' in 'Foo YC20 Organ'.
[INFO]: harvid version: 803
[INFO]: Loading menus from /opt/Mixbus-5.3.22/etc/ardour.menus
[ERROR]: AlsaBackend::connect: Invalid Source port: (PulseAudio JACK Sink:front-left)
[ERROR]: AlsaBackend::connect: Invalid Source port: (PulseAudio JACK Sink:front-right)
[INFO]: Loading 443 MIDI patches from /opt/Mixbus-5.3.22/share/patchfiles
[INFO]: Loading plugin order file /home/artofsound/.config/mixbus5/plugin_metadata/plugin_order
[INFO]: Loading history from /home/artofsound/Music/Mixbus v5.0/test123/test123.history

Looks like you have used PA with Jack and the PA-Jack module before... When yoy upgraded to 5.3 - did you tell it to copy the settings over from 4.x?
Try: close all Mixbus, kill Jack. Then rename <your home>/.config/mixbus5 into <your home>/.config/mixbus5.SAFE or so. Then start Mixbus - it should come up with the config dialogue, choose ALSA. Then check which of your sound devices is used, maybe you need to change the default.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Okay so, I can only record when the internal sound card is chosen( the laptops), and playback when the audio interface is chosen. I have JACK, QJACKCTRL, and PULSEAUDIO. It seems like some combination of them would get it working, but I can't find default settings for each. Is there an 800# for support? Does anyone from Harrison monitor this forum
I have a similar issue. I have two Beheringer usb audio devices, one for playback, and one for recording E-drums. Works like a charm in Audacity; ! can select the proper one for recording, and the proper one for playback. In mixbus, I used all possible combinations, but no cigar:

-ALSA only lets me select the same interface (with a different name than in Audacity) for both playback and recording (and that doen't work..);
-Jack lets me only select 1 interface (not clear what that will do);
-Configure devices is greyed out.

In Audacity I see much more devices and channels within these devices. What do I miss here, since in a simple app like Audacity it works right away, but not in a PRO DAW, like Mixbus? Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers from Holland, Rob