Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guitarix plugins in Mixbus doesn’t work
Has anyone managed to get the guitarixx plugins to work with Mixbus 32c, it works well in ardour 5.12 very fine with GUI, but in Mixbus it doesn’t load up well or work for some of them. Is it something to do with the GCC thing, I think I used V5 for installation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi,

did you install Guitarix plugins from KXStudio repos? I did and they are not showing GUI´s but they do work.... I think it´s something with dependencies but did not have time to investigate. But GXplugins from Guitarix works great.

Best
Drazen
I have them installed I think from kxstudio repos, but with Ardour 5.12 they work just fine, even the GUI works well but Mixbus it doesn’t like Mixbus lol

HI All
Same here in MB5, They do work but wont load the GUI which a pain.
Cheers Bob
Blush
Ya they only work in ardour. Hopefully they can work one day, I always feel like I’m missing out on some nice plugins in Mixbus.

These ones, (at least on my Slackware with self builds AND on my Arch/Manjaro with 'community' build 0.7.2 ATM), already work (GUI included) in Mixbus since they were ported to use compatible graphics libs, but that's a WIP so some others aren't updated yet.

Code:
GxAxisFace.lv2
GxBaJaTubeDriver.lv2
GxBlueAmp.lv2
GxBoobTube.lv2
GxBottleRocket.lv2
GxClubDrive.lv2
GxCreamMachine.lv2
GxDOP250.lv2
GxEpic.lv2
GxEternity.lv2
GxFz1b.lv2
GxFz1s.lv2
GxGuvnor.lv2
GxHeathkit.lv2
GxHotBox.lv2
GxHyperion.lv2
GxKnightFuzz.lv2
GxLiquidDrive.lv2
GxLuna.lv2
GxMicroAmp.lv2
GxPlexi.lv2
GxQuack.lv2
GxSD1.lv2
GxSD2Lead.lv2
GxSVT.lv2
GxSaturator.lv2
GxShakaTube.lv2
GxSloopyBlue.lv2
GxSlowGear.lv2
GxSunFace.lv2
GxSuperFuzz.lv2
GxSupersonic.lv2
GxSuppaToneBender.lv2
GxTimRay.lv2
GxToneMachine.lv2
GxTubeDistortion.lv2
GxUVox720k.lv2
GxUltraCab.lv2
GxVBassPreAmp.lv2
GxValveCaster.lv2
GxVintageFuzzMaster.lv2
GxVmk2.lv2
GxVoodoFuzz.lv2
Mixbus/32C 5.3.22, 6.2.407 and 7.1.92 on Manjaro midtower i5-6600K 3.5GHz and Manjaro or LibraZik3 on Lenovo X250 i5
Mixbus 5.3.22 and 6.2.407 on Win10x64/Lenovo T40 i7 and X250 i5
audiocards: Scarlett 2i4, Tascam US4x4HR
Use Carla to export as lv2 plugins:
https://discourse.ardour.org/t/no-gui-fo...11-0/88833
(01-26-2020, 10:00 AM)Harvey Stuart Wrote: These ones, (at least on my Slackware with self builds AND on my Arch/Manjaro with 'community' build 0.7.2 ATM), already work (GUI included) in Mixbus since they were ported to use compatible graphics libs, but that's a WIP so some others aren't updated yet.

Code:
GxAxisFace.lv2
GxBaJaTubeDriver.lv2
GxBlueAmp.lv2

GxValveCaster.lv2
GxVintageFuzzMaster.lv2
GxVmk2.lv2
GxVoodoFuzz.lv2

Thank you for posting this rather extensive list. I was apparently trying to open the few plug-ins (guitarix, and guitarix_amp among them) that weren't loading proplerly. So far, everything I've tried from your posted list is working fine!
MIxbus 7.1.97, Mixbus 32c 8.0.17
Roland Rubix 44 USB audio interface

Ubuntu Linux 21.10 5.13.0-40-lowlatency
Just found out today; Guitarx plugins don't show GUI on my OpenSUSE Leap 15.1 install. However, they do show on my laptop which is running AVLinux. Probably has to do with how these were build (libs, dependency hell ?)
Guitarix plugins can be used with generic ui.

And for latest git versions, there is new GUI which is more robust in means on library dependencies, so they should be working for everybody.
Linux veteran and music novice
Follow inspiration, not trends!