Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracks audible when unassigned [solved]
Hi,

I have this strange issue with MB 5.3 (OSX 10.12.6)

After importing a bunch of stereo tracks, some of them will be audible even when they are not assigned to the master or a mixbus (by deselecting these in the mixer view).

I have checked the Ardour routing grid and the tracks in question have no outputs there.

if i switch on the master or a mixbus the track gets louder.

i have no plugins running.
Window/Audio Connections Manager.
Check Sources (Left hand Side) "Mixbus Tracks" and Destinations (Bottom) "Hardware" and make sure there are no connections directly from tracks to your hardware.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(11-11-2019, 01:48 AM)Dingo Wrote: Window/Audio Connections Manager.
Check Sources (Left hand Side) "Mixbus Tracks" and Destinations (Bottom) "Hardware" and make sure there are no connections directly from tracks to your hardware.

Thanks for the thoughtful response!

I checked all the routing grids. nothing is selected (all track routing is through the harrison mixbuses rather than the ardour backend).

It seems to happen after the ui does a weird freeze.

restarting and opening the project has the problem persisting however.
When you say they are "audible", do you mean that they appear in the master bus and the meters are moving? Or do you hear them, but they don't go through the master bus?
(11-11-2019, 10:51 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: When you say they are "audible", do you mean that they appear in the master bus and the meters are moving? Or do you hear them, but they don't go through the master bus?

Hi Ben (thanks for all your work btw)

I think I've found the problem. It was appearing on master bus and meters were moving.

Problem was, the indicator lights for the mixbus assignment on the channel strip don't reliably work at low resolution/magnification.

At 75% view, the radio button light for mixbus assignment doesn't always indicate the state.

The channel in question was going through mixbus 6 (but not indicated on the strip).

Thanks so much,

Bruce.
Hi Bruce,

Yes, that's a known issue. We've made some changes to the 32C layout so it will fit better on small screens. That'll be in a future update.

Best,
-Ben