Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does "Session Setup" dialog always on second monitor?
Question 
[Image: TWj7s39.png]

Is it the same on Windows & Mac? I don't know how to fix it. And when I'm at it. Why is the dialog also showing on my other monitor when I delete tracks? It's a bit annoying.
Manjaro KDE Plasma on a DELL AIO 7460 (32GB RAM) and a BEHRINGER U-PHORIA UMC22
I am not sure about Win or Linux, but on my Mac Mini, the monitor which has DVI or Thunderbolt source will be regarded by the OS as the dominate monitor over any HDMI or lesser sources.
Even though I can re-arrange desktop in anyway, to overcome that issue I have DVI Monitor left and HDMI Monitor right.
That may or may not explain the issue you are having.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(10-16-2019, 10:02 AM)Tobbe Wrote: It's a bit annoying.

Nothing to do with Mixbus, as Dingo pointed out. It looks like you're using XFCE, so the answer lies somewhere there. Look under Settings/Window Manager Tweaks and if not lucky there is the Settings Editor and there are XFCE fora to ask the question in...

HTH
MMM
Thanks both. I check out some info on Linux Mint forum.
I've noticed that happen to me on occasion, and seems to be related to where my
mouse pointer is when Mixbus starts up. For example: I click on the Mixbus32C icon,
located on the Desktop at my primary monitor.... then, before it actually starts up,
move my mouse into another monitor space. When Mixbus starts up it does so in the
monitor space where my mouse is. I've only encountered this a couple times since I
am usually multi-tasking - doing other things during my session startup
and don't move the mouse out of my primary monitor space.
So... try keeping your mouse within your primary monitor space when you startup
Mixbus and see if that makes a difference.

Cheers!
Patrick
Is not it a function of the Operating system/desktop system, which opens a the first window from a new application on monitor 1 ?

Or the desktop which is designed as main.

One can identify which monitor is one at display settings.

Usually it is the one which has the menu- start menu

Kind regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
As you see on my attached screenshot I have the menu on my left screen...monitor 1 (primary) and a second DELL as monitor 2 hooked up back on a HDMI port on my computer, which is the same as monitor 1. I have a All-In-One Lenovo computer. I can live with it. I just wanna know it anyone else had the same problem and solved it.
(10-18-2019, 07:24 AM)Frank Wrote: Usually it is the one which has the menu- start menu

Frank is right, the screen that displays the start menu is the Primary Monitor.
The Task Bar/ Dock, Screen orientation etc can be configured in Preferences (macOS).
I moved that monitor feed to the left and everything works fine.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
I guess it might be different in Linux but in Windows, Session Setup appears on whichever monitor happens to contain the mouse cursor at the time when it launches. So, assuming my Mixbus icon is on my primary monitor....

1) If I double click the icon, Session Setup will appear on my primary monitor.
2) If I double click the icon - then quickly move my cursor to the 2nd monitor - Session Setup starts on my secondary monitor.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(10-21-2019, 06:51 AM)johne53 Wrote: I guess it might be different in Linux but in Windows, Session Setup appears on whichever monitor happens to contain the mouse cursor at the time when it launches. So, assuming my Mixbus icon is on my primary monitor....

1) If I double click the icon, Session Setup will appear on my primary monitor.
2) If I double click the icon - then quickly move my cursor to the 2nd monitor - Session Setup starts on my secondary monitor.

You are right ! A starting program attaches to the pointer. In Windows 10.
The result is not consistent. A very quick loading program lands on the desktop the pointer was when started. Medium loading programs can land in between: a half on the first desktop rest cutoff.
What i understand that many programs open on the desktop they were last started. But I am not a real Windows(10) user.

On a mac the behavior gives also an inconsistent impression. Open a file manger and a jump to a different desktop is almost guaranteed.

Linux desktops are consistent and well thought. And very configurable.

regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1