Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Harrisons Lv2 XT-Caracter and XT problem on nvidia
Information 
Hi everybody.
I made a fresh install of Ubuntu Studio 18.04.2 64 bit and Install Mixbus 32C and AVA Plugins. But I have a big problem the Harrison Mixbus Lv2 plugins I have licensed the XT Caracter and the XTs I can only one intance of each plugin in a Project !?
The AVA Plugins, Calf Plugin and all the others I can use all the intances of each one I need with the only limitation of the PC Hardware .
Can anybody help me about please ?HuhHuhHuh:h
Star 
The problem is the Nvidia Driver !
Look for drivers and change it to the stard X-org driver that is the default install in Ubuntu Studio and that'it Smile Smile Smile
"driver issue. OpenGL" !!!!!!
This is interesting. I have not encountered this problem as I do not own these plugins, but would like to know more about it. How and why does the nVidia driver affect MB plugins? I use the nVidia drivers with my GTX Titan graphics card (I also do extensive video on this machine using Blackmagic DeVinci software).
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 32GB RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010 / Echo AudioFire 12
Mixbus v7.x on Fedora 33 64bit
The XT-* (and x42, and zam-* and overtonedsp ...) plugins use openGL for their UI.

The nVidia binary driver is fine for this, intel graphics usually, too. There are however known issues with nouveau on some systems. There is anecdotal evidence that it only works for single window GL apps, and can cause crashes if a single application uses multiple GL windows. The solution is to use the official nVidia driver in this case.
(05-29-2019, 09:01 AM)x42 Wrote: The XT-* (and x42, and zam-* and overtonedsp ...) plugins use openGL for their UI.

The nVidia binary driver is fine for this, intel graphics usually, too. There are however known issues with nouveau on some systems. There is anecdotal evidence that it only works for single window GL apps, and can cause crashes if a single application uses multiple GL windows. The solution is to use the official nVidia driver in this case.

Harrison's Plugins issue:

I made a test in a new SSD install Ubuntu Studio 18.04.2 64 install Mixbus 32C and Install Nividia 390 Propoietary Driver :
- AVA VST Plugins work fine.
- XT Lv2 Plugins make the Mixbus and System crash !!!
----------------------
The same install with Nouveau X-Org driver:
- AVA VST Plugins does not work and make Mixbus crush !!!
- XT Lv2 Plugins work fine .
Can anybody help me about ?
Does anybody use Ubuntu Studio 18.04.2 with Nvidia GTX 1050 2gb with 50 " 4K Monitor ?

Kind regards

Herminio Cerqueira