Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus (non 32c) EQ curve
Is there a image that shows the Mixbus eq curve, I want to see how wide the boosts and cuts are, I feel I use another analog eq because it has nice wider boosts, but I’m not too sure, anyone know about this
I'm always wondering why people don't analyze for themselves when they already have the software, but yeah...

Regular Mixbus' bell EQ is quite a bit narrower and better suited for surgical cuts. Shelves are also quite a bit steeper.

Also note that the individual bands in 32c differ subtly in width and gain range. Screenshot for 32c uses the low mid band.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Disclaimer: Any resemblance of my nick with a given engineer is purely coincidental!
Desktop: AMD Phenom II x6, 4 GB RAM, Radeon graphics, RME HDSP 9652
Laptop: Thinkpad E560, i3 6100U, 8 GB RAM, Intel graphics, Tascam US-2x2
X32 Rack - Debian GNU/Linux - 32c
Thanks CLA great information for those who do not know how to generate it.
I look at the 'bump' in the 32C HP/LP Filters. This is a big part of the 'analog' sound I like with 32C.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks, I didn’t know how to generate it like you do, however I did remember that the plugin controls in mixbus in generic edit can allow me to see the curve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(12-16-2018, 08:15 AM)mrskytown11 Wrote: ...however I did remember that the plugin controls in mixbus in generic edit can allow me to see the curve.

Though this is not available for the built in DSP, I think.

So I used an external analyser, feeding pink noise and using A/B comparison (processed vs. unprocessed signal) to get a clean curve. Multiple screenshots combined in an image editor.
(12-16-2018, 08:55 AM)the C.L.A. Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 08:15 AM)mrskytown11 Wrote: ...however I did remember that the plugin controls in mixbus in generic edit can allow me to see the curve.

Though these are not available for the built in DSP, I think.

Right I just remembered thst, I did test it with other eq plugins? The YouTube for Mixbus oh their eq actually shows the eq curve so ya that’s how I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool. Thank you, C.L.A.!!
(12-15-2018, 08:22 AM)the C.L.A. Wrote: I'm always wondering why people don't analyze for themselves when they already have the software, but yeah...

Regular Mixbus' bell EQ is quite a bit narrower and better suited for surgical cuts. Shelves are also quite a bit steeper.

Also note that the individual bands in 32c differ subtly in width and gain range. Screenshot for 32c uses the low mid band.

"I'm always wondering why people don't analyze for themselves when they already have the software"

And I am wodering why is it not in th manual? Top secret, or what?
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(12-17-2018, 01:52 PM)Tassy Wrote: And I am wodering why is it not in th manual? Top secret, or what?

I think a dedicated page that compares both versions would be nice as well - including some EQ graphs and description - so it becomes clear right from the start, that the difference is not just in the feature set.

But as measuring it is just a few mouse clicks, it sure is not top secret. Wink
(12-17-2018, 03:20 PM)the C.L.A. Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 01:52 PM)Tassy Wrote: And I am wodering why is it not in th manual? Top secret, or what?

I think a dedicated page that compares both versions would be nice as well - including some EQ graphs and description - so it becomes clear right from the start, that the difference is not just in the feature set.

But as measuring it is just a few mouse clicks, it sure is not top secret. Wink

You know most users I think are just mixers and only few crazy, like me, do experiments as well or have the time or gear. Youtube Eq curves regarded mb2 and they are just trying to explain how they work, getting narrower when boosted etc.. But they are only for demonstration and not the measured values. Have you seen there numbers, scales like this?
Dou you really mean a measured graph like this can be made only with "some few mouse clicks"?
Picture is only illustration...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,