Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C: v5.1 update available FREE
Mixbus and Mixbus32C v5.0 users should install the new version, v5.1.

The v5.1 update is largely a hot-fix release; it is intended to resolve several minor issues that our users reported with v5.0.

You can always get the latest version of Mixbus from the appropriate product page:

Mixbus:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/site/mixbus.html

Mixbus32C:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/site/mixbus32c.html

Changes in v5.1:

Improvements:
Re-add VCA "Name" labels that were missing in v5.0 (Mixbus32C only)
Allow VCA fader caps to follow strip color (if the option is enabled in Preferences->Appearance->Mixer).
Implement new Enclosed region equivalence mode: when tracks are in a group, and you select a region on one track, then all the regions that fit inside the selected region's start/end time will also be selected (on the other tracks in the group).
Stem Exports: if "Session->Properties->Filenames->Prefix Track Number" is enabled, then stem-exported files will be prepended with the track number.
Nudge buttons: if no selection is made, the nudge will apply to the playhead. If a region selection is made, the buttons will turn red to indicate that they will operate on the selection.
Session templates are now sorted alphabetically.
Sidechain input selector now shows tracks in the order they appear in the session.
Alt-(up/down) "move to next/prev track" now works in the mixer, as well as the editor.
Invert-selection: if tracks are selected, invert selection at that level, unless in internal edit mode.
Generic plugin UI: Draw Plugin DSP load bargraph.
Remove Transport > TimeMaster toggle from menu. This esoteric JACK feature is not desirable in the main transport menu. It was confusing.
Prevent adding aux-sends to master or monitor bus.
Fix context-menu item "bus" -- should only show audio buses, not midi buses.
Fix metronome "emphasis" preference.
Various improvements to LTC timecode decoder.
Restore mixer scroll offset after spill.
When a Mixbus is selected (from control surface) - move it into view of the mixer window.
Control Surface Improvements:
Previously, all control surfaces were stored per-session. Opening an old session (with an inactive controller) could overwrite the global setting and lose the preferences for that controller. Control-surface settings are now stored globally and less likely to be overwritten when you open an old session. ( except Generic MIDI controllers which are assigned to session-specific controls: they are still stored per-session )
Faderport (classic): The User button was not available to be assigned by the user (and its setting was not saved). This has been fixed.
Faderport 8 & 16: the compressor makeup gain control was missing. This has been fixed.
Mackie MCU: various fixes for banking.
Plugin Fixes:
Remove plugin-manager's i/o-filter menu - this confusing option caused some plugins, especially instruments (with both audio and midi i/o ) to be hidden by default.
Windows VST's: fix a crash when opening some plugin custom UIs. (might cause problems in other VST's window refreshing)
Fix some issues with VST state being restored incorrectly when a plugin-preset was loaded.
Bug-fixes:
Fix left&right arrows in the editor: by default, these should advance to the (prior/next) grid mark, when a grid mode is selected. But instead they were locating to random locations.
Stem Exports: if more than 1 channel was selected, the filename always included the export-format, even if it wasn't necessary. This has been fixed.
If a track is deactivated when a session is opened, visually it looked like a full-on meter. This has been fixed.
Re-enable the signal-generator Lua plugin.
Avoid occasional shutdown crash when a VCA is showing.
Selecting a bunch of tracks that were assigned to different groups, and then assigning them to a single group, would crash. This has been fixed.
Fixed a crash when the Loop marker was deleted, and the transport was currently looping.

Thanks for your continuing support! We use the feedback from our users to continuously improve Mixbus. The v5.0 release was very successful, with only a few minor problems. But there's always room for improvement! We are working hard to exceed your expectations.

Best,
-Ben
Thanks!
(10-10-2018, 12:11 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Mixbus and Mixbus32C v5.0 users should install the new version, v5.1.

The v5.1 update is largely a hot-fix release; it is intended to resolve several minor issues that our users reported with v5.0.

Awesome!

Question, if I may ask, I am using this version: Mixbus32C-5.1.0-x86_64-gcc5.run

in Help -> About -> Build Configuration

I see "Wiimote support: False"

Is it possible, for some future version, to release Mixbus32c with that specific waf switch turned on?

Thanks,
(10-10-2018, 07:09 PM)SummerSonic Wrote: I see "Wiimote support: False"
Is it possible, for some future version, to release Mixbus32c with that specific waf switch turned on?

Not very likely. That is some 10 year old cruft from Ardour and was just a toy (start/stop transport, goto start/end etc). It's not useful for a professional DAW except perhaps for some april-fools.

It is not a switch that can be turned on. It would need work. The flag is actually "on by default if cwiid is found" but https://github.com/abstrakraft/cwiid is not longer maintained. cwiid is also Linux only. We should probably remove this from ardour's codebase at some point. I'm sorry.
(10-11-2018, 08:48 AM)x42 Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 07:09 PM)SummerSonic Wrote: I see "Wiimote support: False"

Not very likely. That is some 10 year old cruft from Ardour and was just a toy (start/stop transport, goto start/end etc). It's not useful for a professional DAW except perhaps for some april-fools.

It is not a switch that can be turned on. It would need work. The flag is actually "on by default if cwiid is found" but https://github.com/abstrakraft/cwiid is not longer maintained. cwiid is also Linux only. We should probably remove this from ardour's codebase at some point. I'm sorry.

Sounds reasonable. Smile
Thanks for posting the update notice on the forum as email notices are a bit hit and miss ?....
(10-10-2018, 12:11 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Mixbus and Mixbus32C v5.0 users should install the new version, v5.1.

You can always get the latest version of Mixbus from the appropriate product page:

Mixbus:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/site/mixbus.html

Mixbus32C:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/site/mixbus32c.html

Changes in v5.1:

Improvements:
Re-add VCA "Name" labels that were missing in v5.0 (Mixbus32C only)
Allow VCA fader caps to follow strip color (if the option is enabled in Preferences->Appearance->Mixer).
Implement new Enclosed region equivalence mode: when tracks are in a group, and you select a region on one track, then all the regions that fit inside the selected region's start/end time will also be selected (on the other tracks in the group).
Stem Exports: if "Session->Properties->Filenames->Prefix Track Number" is enabled, then stem-exported files will be prepended with the track number.
Nudge buttons: if no selection is made, the nudge will apply to the playhead. If a region selection is made, the buttons will turn red to indicate that they will operate on the selection.
Session templates are now sorted alphabetically.
Sidechain input selector now shows tracks in the order they appear in the session.
Alt-(up/down) "move to next/prev track" now works in the mixer, as well as the editor.
Invert-selection: if tracks are selected, invert selection at that level, unless in internal edit mode.
Generic plugin UI: Draw Plugin DSP load bargraph.
Remove Transport > TimeMaster toggle from menu. This esoteric JACK feature is not desirable in the main transport menu. It was confusing.
Prevent adding aux-sends to master or monitor bus.
Fix context-menu item "bus" -- should only show audio buses, not midi buses.
Fix metronome "emphasis" preference.
Various improvements to LTC timecode decoder.
Restore mixer scroll offset after spill.
When a Mixbus is selected (from control surface) - move it into view of the mixer window.
Control Surface Improvements:
Previously, all control surfaces were stored per-session. Opening an old session (with an inactive controller) could overwrite the global setting and lose the preferences for that controller. Control-surface settings are now stored globally and less likely to be overwritten when you open an old session. ( except Generic MIDI controllers which are assigned to session-specific controls: they are still stored per-session )
Faderport (classic): The User button was not available to be assigned by the user (and its setting was not saved). This has been fixed.
Faderport 8 & 16: the compressor makeup gain control was missing. This has been fixed.
Mackie MCU: various fixes for banking.
Plugin Fixes:
Remove plugin-manager's i/o-filter menu - this confusing option caused some plugins, especially instruments (with both audio and midi i/o ) to be hidden by default.
Windows VST's: fix a crash when opening some plugin custom UIs. (might cause problems in other VST's window refreshing)
Fix some issues with VST state being restored incorrectly when a plugin-preset was loaded.
Bug-fixes:
Fix left&right arrows in the editor: by default, these should advance to the (prior/next) grid mark, when a grid mode is selected. But instead they were locating to random locations.
Stem Exports: if more than 1 channel was selected, the filename always included the export-format, even if it wasn't necessary. This has been fixed.
If a track is deactivated when a session is opened, visually it looked like a full-on meter. This has been fixed.
Re-enable the signal-generator Lua plugin.
Avoid occasional shutdown crash when a VCA is showing.
Selecting a bunch of tracks that were assigned to different groups, and then assigning them to a single group, would crash. This has been fixed.
Fixed a crash when the Loop marker was deleted, and the transport was currently looping.

Thanks for your continuing support! We use the feedback from our users to continuously improve Mixbus. The v5.0 release was very successful, with only a few minor problems. But there's always room for improvement! We are working hard to exceed your expectations.

Best,
-Ben
I have tried to get the upgrade 5.1 for Mixbus, but when I click the download button nothing happens. Do you have another URL for the download?

I have tried to get the upgrade 5.1 for Mixbus, but when I click the download button nothing happens. Do you have another URL for the download?
How do the already LICENSED people get directly to this update download and not go through the BS buy routine? We already own it! ConfusedHuh
OK so from what I understand, if your license is already in the home folder the update will be the full Monte' correct? Also am I going to have to go through the heartache of having to re-customize everything like appearance, keyboard shortcut changes, etc? If there is a way to save my current configuration I need to know how to accomplish this.
Last question: My laptop is Linux is there a version 5.1 in 32 bit? My email for download only saw 64 bit versions. Or am I stuck with 4.3.19? Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have the same version on my mobile unit as on my studio computer.
Thanks in advance! :-D
-- Rich
Mini Mac i7, 3 GHz, 16GB RAM, OSX Monterey v12.6.5, 4 SSD drives, dual 27" displays. Mixbus 32C Latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie VLZ 1402 mixer and Mackie Mk3 8" monitors. Owner of LOGIC AUDIO PRODUCTIONS, Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA Cool
I receive notifications of downloads of new versions in my email ... always correctly.

They are for all operating systems and if I need something older ... just ask them by email and receive almost automatically the link to download ... I proclaim with humility ... that for me ... I can not find a better technical service . ..Faster ... . For my part I am very grateful

Just these words to thank the whole team and encourage them to keep improving and doing every day the Harrison Mixbus 32C ... bigger ;-),

Greetings to Tod @ s
Kind day!
I press the download button, I receive the notification about the message on e-mail, but nothing comes to mail.
Whether it is possible to receive the direct reference on updating downloading?
Thanks!