Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP saving OvertoneDSP!
Formerly known as LinuxDSP they are one of the very few quality plugin vendors who support Linux. Our Mixbus-Fellow-User Jan published that Overtone are selling their stuff cheap - please people buy some plugins off them, they are really gooood!
I'm using them since 2014 and their Pultec and Fairchild emulations have helped to finish mixes many times. Here's from their FB page:

All OverTone DSP Plug-ins now only £10 each. Download and try for free at: https://www.overtonedsp.co.uk/

I now own the last one missing in my collection, the AF210/M Smile
Cheers,
MMM
Bought also the last two missing ones in my collection: AFM210/M and PTM-5A. I really like the AFM EQ, it's a joy to work with the plugin.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Behringer UMC1820 + ADA8200, Debian 12 + XFCE
(09-23-2018, 08:17 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Formerly known as LinuxDSP they are one of the very few quality plugin vendors who support Linux. Our Mixbus-Fellow-User Jan published that Overtone are selling their stuff cheap - please people buy some plugins off them, they are really gooood!

I do not know about Jan but I posted on 09-20-2018, 06:29 AM in ' Recording, Editing & Mixing Techniques' about this, a few minutes after knowing about the sale from Mike at Overtone DSP.

Why ' Recording, Editing & Mixing Techniques' and why not the Linux subforum ? Because OvertoneDSP plugins are available for Windows, Mac and Linux. And it's not with their Linux side of the business that they could get substantial revenues.

Why ' Recording, Editing & Mixing Techniques' ? Because using plugins is part of the technique.
So we can say the world is saved 😎

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Is overtone going away or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi I have now most of them. Love the reverb and eq.
I note they don't do a delay which I would like.
These and mc32 make a nice setup.
Cheers Bob Smile
OvertoneDSP plugins are excellent. I am lucky enough to have gotten the SSL EQ (EQ-4000) just when it came out before it was taken out of the market. Along with the DYN-4000 gate/compressor it makes for a very nice channel strip. Not to mention the Fairchild emulation which is great. Even though I use Mixbus32C, from time to time it's nice ot use a different processing on certain instruments to add character coloration. A bit like not using the same reverb across all tracks, but using specific reverbs for certain instruments.
I have several of the really old LinuxDSP/OvertonDSP plugins. Both LV2 and standalone Jack versions. Also, when I originally purchased Mixbus (version 2 I think), they were being sold by Harrison and had a great package deal for both Mixbus and the LinuxDSP plugs.

EDIT: I just was looking at their webpage and noticed their beta products no longer seem to support Linux. Hope that is not a sign of things to come from them.
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 32GB RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010 / Echo AudioFire 12
Mixbus v7.x on Fedora 33 64bit