Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea: Dump the computer, Hardware Mixbus
(09-30-2018, 07:23 PM)JamieLang Wrote: So, have you checked into the Hades Canyon NUCs? They're designed so you can remove the top to replace with a passive cooling solution. With it's PCIe SSDs and i7, it should have no issue with virtually unlimited tracks at 96khz. You could probably go with less, unless you're planning to allow virtual instrument installs...which...ehh...Mixbus kinda sucks for...I'd rather see if be a hybrid analog/digital, great sounding audio DAW.

Breakout (via Thunderbolt) to a MOTU 16A for solid line level IO...I'd have to look, but I seem to remember they're stackable...if not...maybe something else...something that just gives nice sounding fixed calibration line level IO that you can bake the IO compensation into the distribution...so, it "just works" for the user.

Spitballing.

These look very cool. I like the idea of Device As a Service also.
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
I've never understood the appeal of the Radar Studio.

But, is the turnkey thing THAT big a deal? I mean, there's zero controller there. I'm not sure that they have a monitoring solution...I wouldn't call it all in one box...

I think that a box needs to have analog monitor control and an overdub cue blend/mixer.

Let me just spit this out there for discussion: SSL Nucleus+a little NUC (made silent) running whatever OS runs MB32c most efficiently...one ethernet cable between them. For a home studio overdub system...what's to improve on? Assume the MOTU 16A or something else with a audio over IP box can give "approved" line level IO expansion for recording a band...or analog summing...or whatever hybrid-ization one wants...what would we be aiming for that something like that doesn't deliver?