Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5.0.182: Local key assignments lost + color themes
I now remember why I do not try to customize locally all sorts of key bindings to become very familiar with Mixbus32C: at the next major upgrade they'll be wiped. Imagine if I had 20 of these with which I became very familiar and rely upon in the work flow ? So instead I only have two that I re-assign locally: Ctrl-6 and Ctrl-7 to boost/cut the current wave. Both are gone. It's not much to re-instate, so it's quickly done, but imagine 20 such bindings gone and having to 1) remember what their name were 2) re-configure them from scratch.

Why isn't it possible to retain local key bindings ?
(08-17-2018, 07:32 PM)jonetsu Wrote: I now remember why I do not try to customize locally all sorts of key bindings to become very familiar with Mixbus32C: at the next major upgrade they'll be wiped. Imagine if I had 20 of these with which I became very familiar and rely upon in the work flow ? So instead I only have two that I re-assign locally: Ctrl-6 and Ctrl-7 to boost/cut the current wave. Both are gone. It's not much to re-instate, so it's quickly done, but imagine 20 such bindings gone and having to 1) remember what their name were 2) re-configure them from scratch.

Why isn't it possible to retain local key bindings ?

Yeah - I lost 14...

Everything else I'm happy with though

Ted
I tend to have the same complaint about custom colours. Mixbus's default colour scheme looks much too dark on my monitor so I've created a lighter theme to make things more usable. I haven't tried ver 5 yet but I know from previous new versions that I usually end up seeing weird, garish colours. I then have to delete my custom colours and spend about 2 days setting them up all over again!

A couple of years ago I offered to write some code to fix this but the Ardour devs told me that it's not a bug - it's intentionally designed that way for some reason!

It bugs the hell out of me though Big Grin Ho hum...
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(08-18-2018, 01:06 AM)johne53 Wrote: I tend to have the same complaint about custom colours. Mixbus's default colour scheme looks much too dark on my monitor so I've created a lighter theme to make things more usable. I haven't tried ver 5 yet but I know from previous new versions that I usually end up seeing weird, garish colours. I then have to delete my custom colours and spend about 2 days setting them up all over again!

A couple of years ago I offered to write some code to fix this but the Ardour devs told me that it's not a bug - it's intentionally designed that way for some reason!

It bugs the hell out of me though Big Grin Ho hum...

you can save your changes and just put in a new version and open any, I showed it here http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...l#pid37190

.......\AppData\Local\Mixbus4\mixbus32c-4.3.keys
the keys assigned to you are in the windows in the date, the file needs to be copied, put in a pack and renamed AppData \ Local \ Mixbus5 \ mixbus32c-5.0.keys
(08-18-2018, 02:57 AM)Yriisem Wrote: you can save your changes and just put in a new version and open any, I showed it here http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...l#pid37190

Hi Yriisem - what happens if the newer version contains new controls (which weren't known about in the previous version)? That's what usually causes the problem from my experience...
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
'johne53'
a bright changing color means that either there is no line managed by this object, or the object has changed the name, after the third version such changes are of minor importance and it is not difficult to adjust the missing elements if necessary Smile

PS: if you open topics from the options window and the old theme opens with a change in color. then you need to rename the topic, that it would not be called the default theme. Open the first theme by default, then your modified, missing elements will remain the default theme colors. After that, make any change in color in your theme and then the missing data will be recorded in your subject. Then make a copy of this file with the changes in the first line as I described and then your theme will be listed and opened correctly. In fact, it's not difficult Smile but if there are difficulties, then I can help you correct your topic Smile
I used to have a theme developed by Yriisem in the version 3.x. The wooden one. very, very nice. But that broke with version 4 and as far as I can remember, trying to put it back did not work. If with v5 it's now again possible to use such a theme, it would be great.
(08-18-2018, 09:45 AM)jonetsu Wrote: I used to have a theme developed by Yriisem in the version 3.x. The wooden one. very, very nice. But that broke with version 4 and as far as I can remember, trying to put it back did not work. If with v5 it's now again possible to use such a theme, it would be great.
in version 4 these themes work well, try Smile
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...l#pid37190
(08-18-2018, 10:04 AM)Yriisem Wrote: in version 4 these themes work well, try Smile
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...l#pid37190
All right, but do they work in version 5 ?

Cheers.
(08-18-2018, 12:33 PM)jonetsu Wrote: All right, but do they work in version 5 ?
yes, checked