Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playlist creation
I have been unable to figure out how to create a new playlist on a track in an EditorAction script.
I have a nice little script working except for this one (or two) lines.

Has anybody done this, or have any idea where to look?

Thanks in advance.

-Rick

Edit: I just noticed that after I run the script, the Undo command says it wants to undo a "new playlist" command, so something is happening.

The (simplified) code at issue is:
for t in Session:get_tracks():iter() do
Editor:new_playlists(t.to_audio_track)
end

I have no idea if this is how it's supposed to be done, and have yet to find an example anywhere.
Good idea for a script!
Thanks, Ben.
The whole thing is to iterate over all the tracks, and for each track that is record enabled, to create a new playlist.
Then, it record-enables the session, moves the playhead to Start, and rolls transport.
This then makes it a one-click operation to do a new take - assuming you're using playlists for takes.

All of that works except for the creation of the new playlist on each track, which I haven't figured out.
(11-10-2017, 09:16 AM)dustinnr Wrote: Thanks, Ben.
The whole thing is to iterate over all the tracks, and for each track that is record enabled, to create a new playlist.
Then, it record-enables the session, moves the playhead to Start, and rolls transport.
This then makes it a one-click operation to do a new take - assuming you're using playlists for takes.

All of that works except for the creation of the new playlist on each track, which I haven't figured out.

Turns out you were incredibly close! I noticed in the class reference for Lua that new_playlists() takes an argument of a TimeAxisView. I seemed to recall this being used in s_showhide_track.lua.

Really all you needted to do was lookup the route/track's RouteTimeAxisView and then call that function with it cast :to_timeaxisview()

Code:
ardour {
    ["type"]    = "EditorAction",
    name        = "New Playlist",
    license     = "MIT",
    author      = "Nik",
    description = [[Prompts and builds a new playlist for every track in the session.]]
}

function factory () return function ()

for r in Session:get_tracks():iter() do
        local rtav = Editor:rtav_from_route(r) -- lookup RTAV
        Editor:new_playlists(rtav:to_timeaxisview())
    end

collectgarbage()
end end

Coincidentally, just hold down 'enter' and it'll get rid of the dialog box very quickly. (though I should say, you'll want to have good naming conventions using this)
Welcome to Zombocom
Nice. Thanks. That works.
I'm typically using this with only one track (but which one it is varies), so I'm not going to see 100 dialog boxes.