Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus v4.1 - FREE update for Mixbus and Mixbus32C
Mixbus and Mixbus32C users may download a FREE v4.1 update!

All users Mixbus customers should have already received an email with the 4.1 links; if not, please write our support email at: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

New Features:

VCA fader automation ( video )
Template Manger ( contributed by open-source developer Johannes Mueller )
* Import & Export your Session templates & Track templates
* Makes it easier for users to share session & track templates without manually managing the files
* You'll find this new feature in "Window->Templates"

Improvements:

Allow listening to master output during realtime export.
Allow selection of automation lanes, so you can paste into them.
Add 176.4kHz rate to export dialog.
Enable the Non-layered button work for MIDI recording.  When a new MIDI region is recorded, it will trim the underlying regions so there is nothing below the new region.
Various improvements to "touch" automation.
Various improvements to zooming & scrolling in the editor:
* Editor Zooming: make it harder for user to step into ridiculous zoom-out scales.
Improvements to the "Summary" at the bottom of the editor.
* The "Summary" now operates more like a horizontal conventional scrollbar.
* "Summary" now only slides the editor canvas left/right, not up&down.
* Click, then drag up & down in the summary to zoom.
* Scroll-wheel in the summary will zoom (and it's faster than dragging up/down)
When instantiation a Track from a "template", use the template name for the new track; not the name of the original track used to created the template.
When plugins are copy/pasted or drag&dropped from one channel to another, retain their order.
Make VCA mute+solo buttons bindable to midi controllers.
Further speed-up the rendering of waveforms by using multiple drawing threads.
When creating a snapshot, a copy of every MIDI source file should be created (so a destructive change in one MIDI file doesn't propagate into other snapshots)
Prevent the storage of redundant Fader+Trim Automation in session files (reduces size of session files)
Don't de-select tracks when the track order changes.
The option for adding “at the top”, in the Add Track/Bus dialog, didn't work.  This has been fixed.
Fixed a bug with external sync which sometimes caused the playhead to jump back & forth between 2 different positions.
Fix fader level operation when channels are grouped together AND attached to a VCA.
Allow the New Track dialog to stay open after you add a track, so you can add more tracks & templates.
Make "Import" the default action in the Import Dialog  (Double clicking on a file or pressing the Return key will now import it, instead of auditioning it). You can still manually audition the file with spacebar, as before.
"Cut" buffer should not change the selection.  Fixes range mode selection/cut/copy that would previously clear track selection.
If actively recording, prevent interaction between mouse and audio clock widget(s) which could stop recording by triggering a "locate".
Support note-name editing in midi list editor.
Loading a read-only Session, then making a copy with "Save As and switch" was not allowing the new Session to be saved, as writable state was not updated.  This has been fixed.
Right-click on marker, "loop range" was not setting the loop range.  This has been fixed.
Monitor-section state (show/hide, attached/detached) was not recalled after close/re-open.  This has been fixed.
Limit clock displays to 30 days (720 hours).
When in smart-mode, don't switch to range-mode after "set range selection".
Updated German, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, and Czech translations
Tempo mapping improvements:
* Allow tap with keyboard (Space, Enter)
* Various fixes to grids, copy/paste & clocks to accommodate tempo changes in the tempo map.
* Rework tempo marker editing menu functions
* Setting a tempo to 'Continue' via right click puts it in a permanent state of continuing the previous section's end tempo.  Adjusting the tempo line will adjust this marker’s tempo -and- the end tempo of the previous marker.
Control Surfaces:
* Many, many improvements to OSC remote-control protocol ( contributed by Len Ovens )
* Watch for some cool new tablet control options coming soon!
* Allow control-surfaces to enable the EQ/Comp when a knob is moved. (in-on-change)
* Set Display Name for OSX/macOS (fixes EuCon surfaces on OSX 11, 12)
* MIDI learn on ctrl + middle-click only (not ctrl + other mods + btn2).
* Allow scripts and surfaces to change a route's Color
* Midi map for Alesis QX25 (Len Ovens)
* Re-introduce toggle-editor-and-mixer (for ctrl-surfaces)
* * Note: This currently only toggles "tabs" correctly, not floating windows
* Mackie MCU protocol improvements:
* * Fix issue with strip "select" buttons that stayed stuck on.
* * More tweaks to make the EQ layout match v3. (32C)
* * Restore missing filter controls to the Dyn page (32C)
* * Assign some F-keys for default user profile.
* * Momentarily light F-key buttons when they are used to trigger a defined action.
* * If a F-key is not assigned an action, it will not light, indicating to the user that it is unmapped.
* Faderport8 improvements:
* * Allow launching current plugin GUI from controller.
* * Expose plugin presets to the FP8
* * Allow linking controls (GUI focus to FP8 encoder)
* * Allow user to customize scribble strip display modes
* * Use separate bank offsets per MixMode
* * Channel-navigation/scroll select track on encoder press.
* * Snap-to scroll tracks, both editor+mixer.

Fixes:

Fix metronome + capture alignment for Mixbus.
The master-limiter offset was not being latency-compensated.  This has been fixed.
When separating a region, the region gain line was not always preserved correctly in the newly-created regions.  This has been fixed.
Mixbuses 9-12 would not allow you to drag&drop the inline EQ and compressor.  This has been fixed.  ( 32C only )
Mixbuses 912 did not implement “spill” correctly.  This has been fixed. ( 32C only )
Fix gain up/down (keyboard arrow up/down) in the mixer window.  When tracks were in a group, the gain would be applied multiple times.  This has been fixed.
Fix crash when renaming track to an invalid name.
Fixed a crash when rapidly switching snapshots.
Fixed a crash when using Undo from a control surface.
Fixed a crash caused by deletion of VCA with slaved controls.
Fixed a crash with VST plugins (Softube, maybe others) that use long text for parameter names.
VST plugin fix: Don't use VST ->user pointer, prefer host-reserved ptr. Apparently "user" is for plugins (not hosts) to use. Probably will avoid a few crashes with VST plugins.
Fixes for bundled plugins from the Ardour community:
* a-Inline-spectrogram: fix display bug when shown in both editor-mixer-strip + mixer
* a-Comp: Increase range of release time
* a-EQ: Tweak knob layout to be less confusing
* a-EQ: DSP bugfix:  fix audio glitches when the bandwidth parameter was adjusted

MacOS Fixes:

Fixed glitches in editor drawing when in fullscreen mode, on 10.11 and 10.12:  sometimes regions would not update without a zoom or scroll operation to trigger a re-draw.  This has been fixed.

Windows Fixes:

Some 32bit .wav files from Zoom recorders (and maybe other sources) would not import successfully.  This has been fixed.
Impressive list of features and fixxes!! Smile
update worked flawless here.
keep up the fantastic work!
Great Thanks !! Nice work Wink
Windows 8.1 32bit, SawStudioLite/Mixbus4, Echo Layla 3G.
Thanks guys!
Amazing job!!!
...VCA automation...yes, wonderful.
Sorry, this eats more cpu than before…
Before : i.e. 83%
Now : 93%+ and red and hickups…
I've reported this with the previous vers. 32C 4 already…
Is there hope to get it 'optimized' ?
I need to go back to v3 135 again…for now
Best
Klaus
Macmini core2duo / i7
OS 10.10-10.13
http://www.redmountain.ch/X32CoreFOHandBandclient.jpg
hi Ben, i don't recive email for update.... I sent you an email right now,many thanks for you support. Smile

Best Regards

Gennaro

Hi,many thanks Ben, i have a recive new version mixbus 4.1 .....It's a fantastic,great work !!!! Smile

Gennaro
HP ELITE 8200 - 16 Giga Ram - HD 2 Terabyte - WIndows 10 - Mx Linux 21 (Debian Bullseye + kx studio based)-  Mixbus 7.2 32c
Notebook Asus x54c - dual boot Windows 10 pro- Mixbus 7.2 (32c) - Ubuntu Studio 20.04  (Mixbus 7.2 32c)
http://gennarogiugliano.altervista.org/S...enuto.html
it seems that vca automation is mouse only and not hardware controllable or i'm missing something?
I can't control the vca fader with my faderport.
(08-02-2017, 06:19 AM)sondy Wrote: it seems that vca automation is mouse only and not hardware controllable or i'm missing something?
I can't control the vca fader with my faderport.

The Faderport's single fader operates on the selected Track. But VCAs themselves cannot be selected, mainly because there are no edit operations to be performed on a VCA itself (only VCA automation lanes can be selected).

So yes, that is currently shortcoming of Mixbus' Faderport implementation (not FP8 or other ctrl-surfaces) or arguably Mixbus itself (not allowing to select them).