Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(non-pro) Freetidbit
Hello,

'Freetidbit' is using only synthesizers available for free and more specifically, u-he synthsizers that are available for free. The Triplecheese synth for instance provides bass, Podolski provides a melody, TyrellN6 some chords, Zebralette and Beatzille provides sounds and additional support. All these synths are available for free and runs natively in Linux. The drums OTOH are not free.

As usual this is a non-pro mixing.

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/freetidbit

Composed and arranged using Bitwig, mixed using Mixbus32C.

As always comments are welcomed.

Cheers.
(12-28-2016, 06:51 PM)jonetsu Wrote: Hello,

'Freetidbit' is using only synthesizers available for free and more specifically, u-he synthsizers that are available for free. The Triplecheese synth for instance provides bass, Podolski provides a melody, TyrellN6 some chords, Zebralette and Beatzille provides sounds and additional support. All these synths are available for free and runs natively in Linux. The drums OTOH are not free.

As usual this is a non-pro mixing.

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/freetidbit

Composed and reanged using Bitwig, mixed using Mixbus32C.

As always comments are welcomed.

Cheers.

was nice! but it had something very familiar to me and i wondered : and than i realized:

I am busy making some effects for live. i want the sound linger on, like you stretch the notes with the pedal on a piano. Like a s sympatic resonance.
When i played your piece i had forgotten that i left it on. The result was kind of cute.
If you are interested i can replay you tune and record the result.
Can i send you a big file ? Like with Mega ?

When i make effects like that, i leave it on, to tune my ears on the results. Even if i watch formula 1; see if i can expand the sounds, Make the race big

Anyhow : let me know if you are interested. And be easy: even i do not care is understandable.

regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(12-29-2016, 03:34 PM)Frank Wrote: was nice! but it had something very familiar to me and i wondered : and than i realized:

What you describe is like having a reverb on the whole mix, isn't it ? That gave me an idea for a 'weird' track of sorts, to actually do that. It's a cinematic kind of track that I named 'occult' in reverse, so how could it possible go wrong ?

I put an insert on the master bus that goes to an outboard Lexicon MX200 with a 'chamber' reverb:

Tlucco
(12-30-2016, 11:43 AM)jonetsu Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 03:34 PM)Frank Wrote: was nice! but it had something very familiar to me and i wondered : and than i realized:

What you describe is like having a reverb on the whole mix, isn't it ? That gave me an idea for a 'weird' track of sorts, to actually do that. It's a cinematic kind of track that I named 'occult' in reverse, so how could it possible go wrong ?

I put an insert on the master bus that goes to an outboard Lexicon MX200 with a 'chamber' reverb:

Tlucco

Yeah : Its fun : could do with a or some solo voices.

I tune the reverb tails with formants (like vocoder) than the reverb becomes a veiled very subtile choir, group of voices.
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(12-30-2016, 12:01 PM)Frank Wrote: I tune the reverb tails with formants (like vocoder) than the reverb becomes a veiled very subtile choir, group of voices.

Now this is a bit more special. Yes then, I would be interested to hear what the track sounded like when driven with this kind of processing. No need to send the who;le track though. A 30 seconds or so ogg/mp3 excerpt would be fine.