Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus v3.5 -- a FREE update for Mixbus and 32C users!
Today we are happy to announce the newest version of Mixbus32C: version 3.5

"Plugged-In" Members have already received the latest update email, and everyone should expect to have it in their mailbox by tonight!

New feature:

Realtime export : Normally, Mixbus maximizes your CPU to perform the fastest-possible export. However, some users have external devices, such as rackmount analog gear or external MIDI synthesizers, which cannot be used at faster-than-realtime speed. In the past, we required these users to manually create a bounce track and mixdown to it, rather than using the normal Export features. Realtime Export provides all the same features as a regular export, but it limits the engine to run in "real time" so external gear can be utilized during the export. This new features is accessed from the "time span" tab in the Export dialog.

Improvements:
  • Harrison plugins now wait 30 seconds before the control panel is locked. This provides more time to evaluate the plugins.
  • In the past, the "session end" marker would move automatically in certain situations. For example: when you recorded past the "End" marker. This has been changed: once the user has grabbed and manually set the "End" marker, it will no longer move automatically.
  • Improve the "spectrum analysis" window with better FFT resolution; and show the frequency under the mouse's location.
  • The area underneath an automation curve is now filled with color. This makes it easier to see automation curves, and especially boolean automation (mutes, etc).
  • Various fixes to stem exporting: provide more consistent latency offsets on tracks that are exported as stems.
  • Transport scrub-bar has been re-enabled: Click and drag inside the scrub-bar to scrub the timeline forward and back at varying speed.

OSX-specific fixes:
  • AU sidechain fixes: plugin "pin connections" will show extra bus inputs even if they don't flag themselves as sidechain inputs.
  • SoundToys plugins would cause a stutter each time they checked the iLok license file. This has been resolved ( in both Mixbus v3.5 and upcoming SoundToys release )
  • In the Keybindings editor window, trying to assign a keybinding with the "Cmd" key would fail. This has been fixed.
  • Further improvements to AU plugin drawing speed. A problem occurs when both Mixbus and the plugin use a specific Apple drawing function. This is a low-level drawing function, deep in the guts of OSX; and it has been "broken" since v10.8. This function has caused problems for many applications, not just Mixbus. Mixbus uses this function to draw the waveforms in the editor; some plugins also use this function; if both the editor and the plugin use this function excessively, then Mixbus and/or the plugin will draw slowly. Some solutions include: Zooming out on the timeline (so the playhead doesn't have to update as often), hiding the editor window while adjusting a plugin, or choosing a different plugin. The problem is noticeably worse on "retina" displays. Dragging the editor and/or plugins to a different monitor might improve performance on retina systems.

Super-secret discount: If you read this far down, you can take advantage of a huge discount on the XT-BC "Character Bundle" using this coupon: BC3-3UP8SDRC -- this offer is only valid until August 15.

I'd like to thank all of our great users for your ongoing support! We are working hard to make Mixbus the best DAW available at any price.

Best,
-Ben
YES!!! Realtime export!
From what I'm reading about the improvements and OSX-specific fixes, this is gonna be a great release.
1:30AM here and I'm going to make a coffee and check the update.

cheers
Windows 10, Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro, UAD 2 octo, http://www.youtube.com/user/NikosPitloglou/videos
Indeed it a great update ever. I love it
Soundtoys fix: checked! YESSS!!!Big Grin

Thanks Harrison!!!
MacMini M1 16gb RAM - MacOS 13.6.6 - Apollo silver +  Apollo 16 silver w/Thunderbolt & Satellite OCTO Thunderbolt - SSL UF8/UC1 - Softube Console 1/Fader - UAD v11.2 - Mixbus 10 Pro ARM
Hey! I tried clicking the link in my email to download this update but it gives me a 404 error. This happened with the mac 64 bit and windows 64 bit.
Same problem here. "No page found". I had a problem with my installation, some crashes when loading plugins in 32C so i decided to redownload. The files were there earlier today but not now.
(08-13-2016, 04:43 PM)Overmann Wrote: The files were there earlier today but not now.

I'm guessing they found a problem with it and pulled the installers Huh
As sometimes happens in a software update, we've found that an innocuous change has caused a pretty severe problem: All "input trim" settings are being doubled in v3.5. For that reason, we have disabled the 3.5 download link, and we will be publishing a "hotfix" release as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

-Ben