Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fixing Plug in Compatibility
Yes I have the AU versions installed. I do have to agree with one of the other posters that stated "UAD is a major player." I don't have any freeware plugs, only ones from the majors such as Softube, Plugin Alliance, Slate, Waves, Native Instruments, Izotope, IK Multimedia and Synthogy. Plugs from these companies should work "as is" with Mixbus just as they do with other DAWS. I do, however think that these companies recognize the traction that Mixbus is getting and will make sure they include Mixbus during their beta testing activities!

With release 3.6, EchoBoy is working, but as with Slate plugs, cannot rely on the ballistics (I know...I should trust my ears instead), so thanks!

(07-16-2016, 09:25 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: SoundToys EchoBoy should show up in Mixbus. If you are on Mac, make sure you have the AU version installed.

There has been a long-standing bug with some SoundToys plugins on Mac for Mixbus. They recently investigated this problem and realized what was causing it. We have finally resolved this with Soundtoys. The fix will be in the next release of SoundToys, and the next release of Mixbus ( you'll only need one side fixed .... so whichever comes out first will resolve the issue )

Regarding other plugins in general: you should find that the majority of plugins work. Because plugins are developed by third-parties, we can't guarantee that every plugin will work on every system perfectly. But there are plenty of options that work great on Mixbus.

Best,
-Ben
When I first installed Izotope Neutron it worked fine except for the track assistant. Now all of a sudden, since I switched from the demo to an authorized version, it doesn't show up at all. I've tried reinstalling but it made no difference. The plugin shows up as usual in all my other audio hosts such as Reaper and RX 3 and works as advertised. Anybody know what the problem is? I'm on an iMac i7 running it as an au plugin.
Waves renaissance Compressor, when I add it on a track the threshold doesn't trigger the gain reduction, so the plugin is pretty much dead, I hope they fix it overall, I'll also find the plugins are jittery and not smooth when adjusting settings, makes it hard to eq vocals and set Compressor settings, or maybe I'll just use mixbus with certain plugins

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I've just been trying out Ardour as a stand alone DAW. All plugins I've tried work fine, plus Ardour recognizes Izotope Neutron, which Mixbus no longer does. Obviously the problem of plugin GUIs lies in Mixbus itself.
I don't understand why fixing this problem is not a priority. The problem doesn't exist in any other DAW that I've tried, even Ardour. I love mixing in Mixbus but this issue is driving me away.
(11-07-2016, 12:46 PM)rieuwert Wrote: I don't understand why fixing this problem is not a priority. The problem doesn't exist in any other DAW that I've tried, even Ardour. I love mixing in Mixbus but this issue is driving me away.

Maybe because of the configuration change Neutron is not recognised properly : empty the black list and the cache and rescan might do the trick.

I had something like that : going from demo mode to full version

regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1