Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugin Settings not recalled
(04-19-2017, 02:12 PM)Owlmerlyn Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 01:42 AM)sondy Wrote: Good News from plugin Alliance.
They fixed this issue and it will be on the next update

Awesome. That is great news! Thanks for following up with them.

So if they can do it, why can't UAD?

Makes me wonder WTH?.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
They send me a new mail .
They are making progress on this issue, and it should be fixed in a future update. As of now, they don't have a specific fix date, though. I think maybe it is a mixbus issue and it has to do with the Factory presets.It occurs only when you load a preset and make changes to it ,if you don't load a preset and change the default settings then those settings are recalled correctly.
(04-19-2017, 02:42 PM)sondy Wrote: They send me a new mail .
They are making progress on this issue, and it should be fixed in a future update. As of now, they don't have a specific fix date, though. I think maybe it is a mixbus issue and it has to do with the Factory presets.It occurs only when you load a preset and make changes to it ,if you don't load a preset and change the default settings then those settings are recalled correctly.
Who is they?

Harrison?
Universal Audio?
Someone else?
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
(04-19-2017, 02:42 PM)sondy Wrote: I think maybe it is a mixbus issue and it has to do with the Factory presets.It occurs only when you load a preset and make changes to it ,if you don't load a preset and change the default settings then those settings are recalled correctly.
That makes sense, from what I recall. Sometimes the changes are saved, and sometimes not
Harrison?
Universal Audio?
Someone else?
[/quote]

Plugin Alliance
UAD - I'm not sure what their problem is, but until they address this issue, I won't be using any of their plugins in a Mixbus project. At first I was frustrated by this, but then realized that they (UAD) are the losers in the end because they won't get any more of my money. It's kept me from further purchases on their platform. Since I use MB for for mixing only, it's freed me up some using a different program for premixing, editing. I'm guessing somewhere, Waves is laughing at UAD as they get more customers.
(04-28-2017, 03:55 PM)quartermoonpro Wrote: UAD - I'm not sure what their problem is, but until they address this issue, I won't be using any of their plugins in a Mixbus project. At first I was frustrated by this, but then realized that they (UAD) are the losers in the end because they won't get any more of my money. It's kept me from further purchases on their platform. Since I use MB for for mixing only, it's freed me up some using a different program for premixing, editing. I'm guessing somewhere, Waves is laughing at UAD as they get more customers.

The problem with most of vst plugins is with recalling the factory presets only not with recalling user settings. So you can use your uad plugins, just don’t load a preset.
Make your adjustments on the default settings and these adjustments will de recalled as usual
(04-30-2017, 09:36 AM)sondy Wrote:
(04-28-2017, 03:55 PM)quartermoonpro Wrote: UAD - I'm not sure what their problem is, but until they address this issue, I won't be using any of their plugins in a Mixbus project. At first I was frustrated by this, but then realized that they (UAD) are the losers in the end because they won't get any more of my money. It's kept me from further purchases on their platform. Since I use MB for for mixing only, it's freed me up some using a different program for premixing, editing. I'm guessing somewhere, Waves is laughing at UAD as they get more customers.

The problem with most of vst plugins is with recalling the factory presets only not with recalling user settings. So you can use your uad plugins, just don’t load a preset.
Make your adjustments on the default settings and these adjustments will de recalled as usual

Sorry, but I've played with this and it's not consistent. If I can't count on it recalling, then it's not a solution I'm comfortable with. To be clear, this issue is only with a few plugin makers.
Sorry, but I've played with this and it's not consistent. If I can't count on it recalling, then it's not a solution I'm comfortable with. To be clear, this issue is only with a few plugin makers.
[/quote]
Don’t get me wrong Im not trying to defend uad but mixbus is the only daw with these issues so maybe it's not only the plugin makers fault, Im just suggesting a workaround that help me stay as long as i can on the mixbus boat and not go back to Pro tools
I won't stop using my uad and plugin Alliance plugins in favor of mixbus which i like so far but that doesn't mean it's not having serious issues that needs to be solved