Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any sound samples or videos demonstrating the Lineage PreAmp?
Hello,

I am planning a rebuild of my home studio and part of that is getting some outboard gear. I will most likely get a Millennia HV-3D as my main preamp rack, but I'm also looking for somthing a little "different". The Lineage preamp looks amazing for what I want. One would usually have to buy 4 separate dual-preamps to get a wide veriety of colours. The problem is that I have no idea how any of these sound, and as I live in Norway there seems to be no way to try them or to get a demonstration anywhere.

Does anyone know of some recording or videos that demonstrate the different colours that these preamps give?

EDIT: I must say that Raines' video on the unit is very good and informative, but it lack any actual audio examples.
(11-01-2015, 12:59 PM)Overmann Wrote: ..
Does anyone know of some recording or videos that demonstrate the different colours that these preamps give?

EDIT: I must say that Raines' video on the unit is very good and informative, but it lack any actual audio examples.

what kind of recorded contend do you need?
got one. recorded vocals only yet but soon drums & acoustic guitar! but dindnt any A/B(/C/D)Testing yet..

to me, the tape op review was the most informative on!
hendrik
Mac Pro 3.1 / OS 10.9.5 / 2x RME Fireface800 / Harrison Mixbus 32c / Logic Control / SPL Mixdream / Harrison Lineage /
(04-22-2016, 09:21 AM)Hendrik Gundlach Wrote:
(11-01-2015, 12:59 PM)Overmann Wrote: ..

what kind of recorded contend do you need?
got one. recorded vocals only yet but soon drums & acoustic guitar! but dindnt any A/B(/C/D)Testing yet..

to me, the tape op review was the most informative on!
hendrik

Hi Hendrik,

Thank you for the reply. I actually bought one during Harrisons recent sale. I haven't had the opportunity to put it through proper testing yet, but initial impressions are quite good. Smile
(04-29-2016, 05:51 AM)Overmann Wrote: .. initial impressions are quite good. Smile

Yes! Nice finish (but definitly no bling bling!), heavy, only the wobbly pots are a bit irritating to me!
Sound seems fine in use yet. i kind of orientate on the tape op review. but glad to have 8 hi class preamps anyway!
Mac Pro 3.1 / OS 10.9.5 / 2x RME Fireface800 / Harrison Mixbus 32c / Logic Control / SPL Mixdream / Harrison Lineage /
(05-01-2016, 04:29 PM)Hendrik Gundlach Wrote:
(04-29-2016, 05:51 AM)Overmann Wrote: .. initial impressions are quite good. Smile

Yes! Nice finish (but definitly no bling bling!), heavy, only the wobbly pots are a bit irritating to me!
Sound seems fine in use yet. i kind of orientate on the tape op review. but glad to have 8 hi class preamps anyway!
This is an old thread, I know.

But I've been considering the Lineage and heard elsewhere about wobbly pots. Can this be remedied by tightening screws on the side of the knobs, or is it something else?
The pots are Bourns high-end conductive plastic.

The "wobbly" feel is part of the design. The slight give in the moving parts helps to prevent them getting scratchy over time. It also transmits less force to the solder joint, in cases where they are connected directly to the circuit board.

This discussion pops up every few years. I like "solid-feeling" knobs too, but the wobbly ones are actually more expensive (in general) Smile

-Ben
To answer your original question, though, here's a shootout that I found posted online:

Thanks for the info.
Heart 
(03-09-2018, 02:23 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: To answer your original question, though, here's a shootout that I found posted online:

Thank you !
32c sounds good for me.
Win 7 x64(Desktop), Win 7 x32(two Laptops) and Win 8 x64(Laptop)

Audio-interface :
  1. Soundcraft analog mixer [USB]
  2. Komplete Audio 6 [USB]
  3. Roland Adirol [USB]

mixbus32c
Have I missed something, or are Harrison's rack units no longer available online? I am in OZ and I don't think anyone here represents Harrison at retail.