Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Series Twelve
Ok guys - first post here Big Grin

I searched the forum and didn't find any info on the Series Twelve digitally controlled analog consoles - and I must say that's a real pity since I consider that console to be the pinnacle of analog console design.

Lucky me I own one of those wonderful analog beasts and I thought I show a little pic of my console. The pic is from my old studio and I might put up some more from the new place if you guys like

btw he's a boy and called Harry Cool

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-27-2015, 07:36 AM)studjo Wrote: Ok guys - first post here Big Grin

I searched the forum and didn't find any info on the Series Twelve digitally controlled analog consoles - and I must say that's a real pity since I consider that console to be the pinnacle of analog console design.

Lucky me I own one of those wonderful analog beasts and I thought I show a little pic of my console. The pic is from my old studio and I might put up some more from the new place if you guys like

btw he's a boy and called Harry Cool
Thanks for the pix studjo, yes the S12 is a really great console. I mixed many features on one and had the joy of using a modified S12 with IKIS TFT screens which really added to the speed of mixing.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Hey Dingo

tell me more about that mod. I'm not aware of the "upgrade" possibilities of S12.
I replaced the tube touch screen with a TFT touch screen (home made).
Hi studjo,

The vast majority of our customers updated their Series12's to use digital processing. Because so many users upgraded to digital, it was never necessary for us to make the new automation system work on the few remaining "analog" boards in the field. 15 years later, this is even less practical (making it basically impossible).

So unfortunately you can't get the meter-bridge with the waveforms on that console

You have a really cool, rare, digitally-controlled-analog console ! Smile

Best,
-Ben
(10-28-2015, 02:34 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Hi studjo,

The vast majority of our customers updated their Series12's to use digital processing. Because so many users upgraded to digital, it was never necessary for us to make the new automation system work on the few remaining "analog" boards in the field. 15 years later, this is even less practical (making it basically impossible).

So unfortunately you can't get the meter-bridge with the waveforms on that console

You have a really cool, rare, digitally-controlled-analog console ! Smile

Best,
-Ben

Hey Ben

thanks for the info - to bad not more people stayed with the analog version of that console. I'm sure the digital console sounds amazing but I'm an analog die-hard fan. (there's still no Distressor or Federal comp in digital land Big Grin )

Best Regards

Jo
(10-28-2015, 04:26 PM)studjo Wrote: (there's still no Distressor or Federal comp in digital land Big Grin )

Some folks say the "Disto" plugin from SKNote comes perttie close.

http://www.sknote.it/Disto.htm
There's also the sor8 plug, and the new sly-fi deflector. I haven't tried it, but as an owner of other ubk plugs, I bet the deflector is awesome.
I still have to hear ONE compressor in digital land that I really like ... but that's just me and it's probably more a psychological thing than anything else - who knows
It's great you created this conversation, because I have recently started thinking seriously about getting one. And you posts only made it more sure Smile
(01-07-2016, 08:11 AM)RobertThomas92 Wrote: It's great you created this conversation, because I have recently started thinking seriously about getting one. And you posts only made it more sure Smile

There are still a few analog and digital S12's in OK condition floating around for sale.
I would advise shipping it to Nashville for a service, but that may put it out of the $ equation. Non the less the S12 is an awesome desk with incredible EQ and Dynamics. The expanders saved me many times. The bussing and monitor section coupled with 256X router allows for so many formats.
Also I really miss the touchscreen interface, panning was so easy.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5