Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master Bus Limiter Text
Just a quick reporting:

On the Master Bus Limiter I have these little squares where I assume I should have text saying something, probably a font compatibility issue?

Link to screenshot:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B89XHw6...sp=sharing

Didn't report before, thought it would be fixed since I saw the issue reported before, but maybe on Linux with XFCE environment must be something different.

Thanks!

Big Grin

Oh, those squares are actually leds? I just fired up Mixbus on windows 7 and saw them lit yellow, hmmm, ok, is the greyed squares normal in linux? Audio interface/settings specific?
Joe Giampaoli
===============
Never tie a ship to a single anchor
nor life to a single hope...
I know that I should report this in the Windows section, but this is a follow up of this leds which I'm having a bit of issues in Windows7, the leds are constantly lit yellow as if there was a hot signal all the time, even without creating input buses or tracks. Having a few other Audio and stability issues with Mixbus3 in Windows, so as I have time I will help you figure out what's going on, will report all that as I test or actually fool around, because my main audio OS is Linux and I could practically care less, but I'll be glad to help. How to debug in Windows7 64-bit?
Joe Giampaoli
===============
Thanks for the heads up. The issue is currently present on all OS and it looks indeed like some unknown characters.
No text. LED indicator that lid, when the limiter works!
heh, indeed. I just managed to light 'em up. So just a bit of unfortunate visual design.

To answer your other question. You can run Mixbus in a cmd.exe shell on windows. It'll print similar output as doing the same i n a Terminal on OSX or Linux.

There are also debug-builds for windows (incl. gdb debugger), the procedure is the same as http://ardour.org/debugging_ardour except Mixbus debug builds are only available on request.
Ok, yeah I think I will need a debuggin' Mixbus for Windows, all leds are constantly on for limiter and all compressors on buses and tracks I add, no audio in session yet. I'm practically just fooling around now with Windows, because as I said before, Windows is not my main OS, but if I'm getting these issues I'll be glad to help (not very constantly because I am a bit tight on time at the moment), but if I'm getting these issues, probably someone else will at some point. On linux it's working practically flawlessly, I made those leds light up by increasing gains, but on Windows they are constantly on, also having ASIO/sound issues with my M-Audio Fast Track Pro on that OS, with Mixbus 2.5 it works perfectly fine, but with 3 it has sometimes even frozen the PC just configuring the Audio, I'll have to play a bit more with it on Windows to see and I will report all in the Windows Support forum as I go along...

I'll later try Mixbus from windows terminal to see if I can get anything, but I guess I'll request a debuggin' Mixbus to help you guys out if you wish.
Joe Giampaoli
===============
@x42:

Before I go any further with testing (or fooling around), am I supposed to use Portaudio with the ASIO4ALL driver? I think I overlooked that one and it seems to all be working as expected that way, If I just select ASIO as Audio System and then select ASIO4ALL in the driver that's where I have issues like Mixbus3 hanging, system freezing, compressor levels at 100% (drawn fully red and master bus limiter yellow), etc... But with Portaudio all levels seem to be fine and Mixbus closes or terminates happily, is this a correct setting in Windows7?
Joe Giampaoli
===============
Hi Joe,

Yes, PortAudio is the new "default" engine and the old "ASIO" one will be removed soon.
Hey Ben!

Thanks, yes it seems to be much better with that setting, although, I still had a shutdown issue last night with Windows7 after closing Mixbus3, PC didn't shutdown nicely, just hung with absolutely zero response, had to force power off, I think something didn't terminate as it should. I'll do further testing on that, but I think it could of been from fiddling with the audio settings too much, if I do come across that again I'll let you know.

Cheers!
Joe Giampaoli
===============