Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things I would like to see for MB V3.1
Even though MB V3 is great, I will like to see the following:

1) An option to change the GUI to the original Look (of course with the new scalable feature)
2) A mono knob on the Master out ( I thought that we were going to get one in V3)
3) Re- introduction of the numerical tool tip readout of the EQ and Compressor knobs
4) It would be nice if the meter bridge could always stay visible
5) The ability to pull back the mixer view window on the left (as was possible in V2)
6) An option to View the wave form or not as in v2 (i don't know if it was moved somewhere else)
That's all for now
Regards,
Jouvert
Mixbus/Windows- VST Plugins
(2) Session > Properties > Monitoring > Use monitor section (has mono, dim, phase invert, Pre & After Fader listen etc)
(4) that was the case until just before MB3 but was problematic since it could obscure dialogs. Some more work is needed.
(6) mmh I was sure there's a Preference, but can't find it just now. Maybe it's Ardour only

PS (6) was broken in Ardour until 10 mins ago and hence didn't make in into Mixbus3.
A very small detail but that can be fixed very easyly i guess. When i use the mouse on the masterbus, the tooltips are shown on the right side so they're not readable cause they're out of the screen.

[Image: 1436605895.jpg]
(07-10-2015, 10:05 PM)x42 Wrote: (2) Session > Properties > Monitoring > Use monitor section (has mono, dim, phase invert, Pre & After Fader listen etc)
(4) that was the case until just before MB3 but was problematic since it could obscure dialogs. Some more work is needed.
(6) mmh I was sure there's a Preference, but can't find it just now. Maybe it's Ardour only

PS (6) was broken in Ardour until 10 mins ago and hence didn't make in into Mixbus3.
Thanks for the reply x42. I found the monitoring function, but on the small monitor on which i am viewing it, all of the busses and channels get pushed to the left and feels clustrophobic.
I would have preferred to at least have the mono button directly on the master out or the strip be resizable (i know that there may be problems with space on the mixer itself)
Thanks,
jouvert
Mixbus/Windows- VST Plugins
I'm being spoiled but I need vst for mac. Since I have a few plugins that I would love to use with mixbus.
That will make me happy but i'm not eager about it.
Not for me but i would see:

- A demo, I see a lot of people asking for a demo, for a complete new daw it's important
- special offer with Ardour Xchange and AA translator
(07-11-2015, 07:16 AM)BHBstudio Wrote: I'm being spoiled but I need vst for mac. Since I have a few plugins that I would love to use with mixbus.
That will make me happy but i'm not eager about it.

so the use of vst is only for windows.. so thats why i cant open my softube plugins..
are you sure? softube uses VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AAX DSP. It has to work

I need metronome pre count before I record. And I don't need to record the midi signal before I audition it with my drum and other instruments. It is killing my work flow. I thought it was Ardour only but some how it just came with MB3.
@BHBStudio:

Regarding metronome, you can use the "punch in/out" to give yourself some count-in before recording starts. ( you always leave time at the start of your song for a count-in, right? Smile

Regarding the midi signal audition, I'm not sure I understand the question but you might try clicking the "In" button at the top of the strip, to monitor the input without having to record-arm the track.
Thanks Ben I didn't know. After all Mixbus was full and I am the one who was not upgraded with the DAW.