Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MIXBUS V3 GUI
Firstly a big congratulations to all at Mixbus on the release of V3! I remember when V1 came out and it has been nice to watch Mixbus evolve into its current version.

One of my first impressions of V3 is that I miss the old look-and-feel of Mixbus. Opening a DAW and have it look, behave and sound like a console was a big plus for me. It made working in other DAWs so difficult. I also find myself struggling with the font size of numbers and text, particularly in the Mixer window. It seems a lot smaller to my eyes.

I know it is supposed to be about the 'sound' rather than aesthetics, but I think the way something looks and feels makes a big difference.

I'm guessing the new look of V3 might have something to do with Ardour but imho it would have been nice to retain and build on the 'console look' found in previous versions, especially in the Mixer window.

That said I'm glad V3 is out. I'm gonna spend a little time getting to know it again. Maybe this will be the version that gets me to abandon Pro Tools. Who knows.

I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts/opinions on this.
Personally, I like the new gui. Different strokes for different folks.
(07-09-2015, 06:42 PM)dayvyg Wrote: Personally, I like the new gui. Different strokes for different folks.

+1 here. I like most the mixbus buttons and that they take on the name you give the respective mixbus. Much easier to switch on/off the right thing without looking up the bus number.
MMM
Mixed feelings re. the new GUI. Track name font is too small for these old eyes. Still bummed I can't rename the track simply by clicking and overtyping/editing. Still would like tracks to have track numbers... and I kinda liked the more "vintage" look of MB2x. We will adapt though.....

However, all these eye-candy things can be back-burnered till other functionality & stability stuff is addressed. For such a major release with so many functionality and architectural changes, I'm quite pleased so far!

D.
MB, MB32C, V10, Win 7/10, MacOS Catalina and Ventura, MBP & Ryzen platforms, nVidia and Radeon GPU’s, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Mackie Onyx 1640, X-Touch, 43” UHD, x2 27” 4K

It's awesome! I'm loving it. There are a lot more plugins coming up for sale it looks like, but I don't need any of them. I haven't tested latency yet, but it's going to be a mixing beast! I love the custom meter. I use ARC 2 so using the custom meter along with the monitor thing...is a huge improvement.
I personally love the new look. Has a much more realistic feel to it. And as mentioned the buss naming is a cool new little feature.

And I think I read that mb3 is suppose to scale better. Maybe there's a setting that can fix the font sizes. I don't have any trouble. But in using a 27" screen from just a couple of feet away. Lol.
I guess my only gripe with the GUI is the lack of button/knob contrast. It's hard to tell where they are. 2.5 was better there.
Win 7 x64, Intel 920, DX58SO, 12gb ram, 4x 320 WD HD
Sonar X2, Harrison Mixbus, Eleven Rack
There has been, and will only ever be, one god. (see my avatar)
(07-09-2015, 08:28 PM)deefedor Wrote: Mixed feelings re. the new GUI. Track name font is too small for these old eyes. Still bummed I can't rename the track simply by clicking and overtyping/editing. Still would like tracks to have track numbers... and I kinda liked the more "vintage" look of MB2x. We will adapt though.....

However, all these eye-candy things can be back-burnered till other functionality & stability stuff is addressed. For such a major release with so many functionality and architectural changes, I'm quite pleased so far!

D.

I need to spend more time with it, but I have bifocals and it does seem a bit harder to read text.
Hi everyone. I really like new GUI, looks like an old analog console, but track names are too small for laptops. I have no pb with my IMAC and prodesk but it's a real pain with my Mac book pro and Probook.
I loved the old GUI a lot more then this one. It was unique and felt a lot more console like to me, even though it had it's problems.
The only thing I like about the new GUI is the track coloring. The text is way too small, the size and contrast of the buttons/knobs is lacking, the behavier of the faders when moving them with the mouse is weird (they seem too "slow") and all in all, it looks a little toyish too me. But that's my taste and as someone said, the main focus should be on ironing out all the bugs and stability issues first...

My two cents ...
Itsik Friedman
Storm Productions
http://www.stormproductions.co.il