Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M1 Crashes re-opening sessions or new templates
Hi all, I have a support ticket open which I have been sending crash reports for MixBus 10 Pro.

I am just trying to see if there are any other folks on an M1 running Ventura and MixBus 10 Pro while experiencing crashes?

I'll save a session (containing drum tracks of EZD3 or SD3 multi-out) and one guitar track plus maybe a bass track. If I save the session, I can re-open a few times but once I start laying down audio recordings. the next time I try and open the session, it crashes. I have tried just making a template and open a new session, but it crashes too. I run this same type of setup with Logic Pro, LUNA and REAPER without any type of issues whatsoever. I am going on almost 10 days working with support trying to figure this out.

I am stumped and at a standstill trying to use MB10...any thoughts?

TIA
David
MacMini 2020 M1 Ventura 13.6 Upgraded to Sonoma 14.4.1 16GB 512GB + 8TB Ext Storage - Focusrite 18i20+ADA8200+AXE I/O One - SSL UF8+UC1 - MixBus 10
Sorry, I am running SD3, full 32 outs, 4 guitar tracks, 3 bass tracks, 15 vocal tracks, and Melodyne, no real crashes. I run 1024 buffers unless tracking, I go down to 64 buffers.
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
Thanks Jeff for your reply. I am very glad to hear it is working well for you.

I think I have isolated the issue to the SSL 360 Link wrapper plugin for the UC1. All I can say is that when I open the templates or sessions in Safe Mode, then delete the SSL 360 Link wrapper plugins, save it, then try and re-open, they do! Then when I load the plugin I would have loaded in the 360 Link wrapper, by itself, and save it...it re-opens fine. IT looks to be something with the SSL 360 Link wrapper from all I have experienced so far.

Is there anyone else that can load an SSL 360 Link wrapper (in VST3) and use a plugin, save and try to re-open it? The AU version of the SSL 360 Link wrapper plugin seems to re-open sessions, but it won't save the plugins preset I had set it at before saving and closing...The VST3 version of 360 Link would just crash any session I tried to re-open.
David
MacMini 2020 M1 Ventura 13.6 Upgraded to Sonoma 14.4.1 16GB 512GB + 8TB Ext Storage - Focusrite 18i20+ADA8200+AXE I/O One - SSL UF8+UC1 - MixBus 10
While reading another thread talking about SSL plugins (CS2) crashing MixBus, they too are using SSL controllers which made me wonder if I turned them off before starting my session if it would load? Success!

I have now successfully been able to add VST3 SSL 360 Link plugins on my tracks IF I turn off my controllers before opening a session. The start time once it gets to those tracks with the Link plugin take a while to load, but they eventually do. I’ve only tried it by applying the Link plugin to two tracks. I wonder what happens if I apply it liberally across the session?

SSL Native Channel Strip 2 still seems to crash MB10 when I put it on tracks. This is not dependant on if my controllers are on or off. Still trying to find a solution for this portion of the issue.
David
Hi there,

i have the same problems with SSL VST3 plugins in both v9 and v10. So i suspected some kind of SSL/Mixbus incompatibility.
BUT, i'm now experiencing the same problems with Two-Notes GENOME.VST3 (guitar amp/cab simulator). No problem with GENOME.AU.

I created a blank session, just added one audio track, just added GENOME.VST3. No audio recorded, no default parameter change, just a blank track.
I saved the session, closed it, try to reopen from Mixbus recent and had a Mixbus freeze.
I forced Mixbus to quit and did the following :
DO:
  Try to open the session from the finder by double clicking on the file name (after having verified that Mixbus10 is the default app for .ardour files)=> boom
  Try to open the session from Mixbus recent => ok, i can play the session and the plugin works
UNTIL you're fed up with this test (sorry, i'm a former software developper...)
(05-02-2024, 03:16 AM)ChristopheLABBE Wrote: Hi there,

i have the same problems with SSL VST3 plugins in both v9 and v10. So i suspected some kind of SSL/Mixbus incompatibility.
BUT, i'm now experiencing the same problems with Two-Notes GENOME.VST3 (guitar amp/cab simulator). No problem with GENOME.AU.

I created a blank session, just added one audio track, just added GENOME.VST3. No audio recorded, no default parameter change, just a blank track.
I saved the session, closed it, try to reopen from Mixbus recent and had a Mixbus freeze.
I forced Mixbus to quit and did the following :
DO:
  Try to open the session from the finder by double clicking on the file name (after having verified that Mixbus10 is the default app for .ardour files)=> boom
  Try to open the session from Mixbus recent => ok, i can play the session and the plugin works
UNTIL you're fed up with this test (sorry, i'm a former software developper...)

I tried opening the session as you described. 
Tried opening direct from finder (making sure to select ‘open with MixBus10’) and it crashed. 
Tried opening it with selecting the session file from the MixBus recent or selecting it in the finder tool on that initial window does open the session, but the SSL 360 Link wrapper plugin is still not passing audio through it any longer once I save a session and reopen it. 
If you have any other ideas, please post em! Thanks for providing some feedback and suggestions  Shy
David