Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus 10 crashes on opening
2012 MacMini 2.3ghz i7 16gb RAM
OSX Catalina 10.15.7

New empty sessions with no plugins or wav files can be created, but will crash immediately when I try to re-open them. Older sessions from Mixbus 32C v9 also crash immediately. Using safe mode makes no difference. 

I installed the non-iLok version of Mixbus 10, though I do have an iLok account.

Very frustrating, and judging by the posts, I'm not the only oen experiencing this behavior on older (but supposedly still supported) Macs.

Gotta love a new launch  Big Grin Hopefully Harrison figures out a fix and pushes out an update soon.
This issue is specific to OSX 10.15 (Catalina). We have fixed it yesterday, and a hotfix will be rolled out ASAP (likely on Monday).

I am sorry for your bad experience so far. Please stay tuned!
(04-21-2024, 08:38 AM)x42 Wrote: This issue is specific to OSX 10.15 (Catalina). We have fixed it yesterday, and a hotfix will be rolled out ASAP (likely on Monday).

Amazing! This is one of the reasons I stay with Mixbus, the super responsive dev team. Thanks so much!
(04-21-2024, 08:38 AM)x42 Wrote: This issue is specific to OSX 10.15 (Catalina). We have fixed it yesterday, and a hotfix will be rolled out ASAP (likely on Monday).

Glad to see this…I was wondering. I know it’s the weekend but it’s been radio-silence as far as follow up to my post about this same issue from Thursday. Glad to know and appreciative of the quick response with the pending fix. Thank you!
A new version (Mixbus 10.0.11) that fixes this issue was uploaded to the store.
(04-22-2024, 09:44 AM)x42 Wrote: A new version (Mixbus 10.0.11) that fixes this issue was uploaded to the store.

Just for the Intel version?

I don't see it for Linux, Win and Arm yet...
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
I can confirm that the new version on the store 10.0.11 for Intel Macs now seems to work without problems on Catalina. 
I installed several VSTs and created a couple of test sessions with some audio tracks and some VSTs and saved and reopened them, no problem for now. 

The only problem I'm having is that my Donner Starrypad disconnects during the session (it has a dedicated script in Mixbus and I use it for transport controls): I will investigate further but, other than that, the developers they got busy. Thanks for your time!
(04-22-2024, 10:25 AM)jeff_sloan Wrote:
(04-22-2024, 09:44 AM)x42 Wrote: A new version (Mixbus 10.0.11) that fixes this issue was uploaded to the store.

Just for the Intel version?

I don't see it for Linux, Win and Arm yet...

This update fixes an issue that is specific to macOS/Intel versions running OSX 10.15 (Catalina) and earlier OSX. 
There is no effective change for Linux or mac/ARM or Windows.