Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No way to get Mixbus 10 to work on my iMac
Hi to you all,

I installed the new Mixbus 10 (standard) on my iMac Late 2013 with Catalina OS.

Sure, it's not the latest Mac but it still does its job perfectly for what I need.

I also installed Cubase Artist 12 and Bitwig 5.1 and they work perfectly on this Mac.

Unfortunately there is no way to make Mixbus 10 to work, it crashes everytime.

I've tried everything, even reinstalling the operating system from scratch without installing any drivers for my Steinberg UR22 MK2 sound card and without connecting any midi controller but nothing to do....
I launch Mixbus, try to record some audio tracks, some midi tracks (bundled intruments only) and save the project and when I go to reopen it, Mixbus crashes.
I try to change some settings inside the preferences and still another crash....

For info, on my Windows 10 PC Mixbus 10 works better than the old 9.2.172 and with this old version on my iMac I had no problems whatsoever .

I really can't get to the bottom of the problem.

Thank you in advance for your patience and for your help.
(04-21-2024, 05:34 AM)Maux65 Wrote: Hi to you all,

I installed the new Mixbus 10 (standard) on my iMac Late 2013 with Catalina OS.

Sure, it's not the latest Mac but it still does its job perfectly for what I need.

I also installed Cubase Artist 12 and Bitwig 5.1 and they work perfectly on this Mac.

Unfortunately there is no way to make Mixbus 10 to work, it crashes everytime.

I've tried everything, even reinstalling the operating system from scratch without installing any drivers for my Steinberg UR22 MK2 sound card and without connecting any midi controller but nothing to do....
I launch Mixbus, try to record some audio tracks, some midi tracks (bundled intruments only) and save the project and when I go to reopen it, Mixbus crashes.
I try to change some settings inside the preferences and still another crash....

For info, on my Windows 10 PC Mixbus 10 works better than the old 9.2.172 and with this old version on my iMac I had no problems whatsoever .

I really can't get to the bottom of the problem.

Thank you in advance for your patience and for your help.

Sometime during the first launch Mixbus asks you to import settings (prefs) from a previous version.
Did you try to not import those settings and setting up MB from scratch?
In the past I often had MB crash because of this import no matter what upgrade version so it might be worth a go.

Ab
(04-21-2024, 05:34 AM)Maux65 Wrote: I installed the new Mixbus 10 (standard) on my iMac Late 2013 with Catalina OS.

Can you create new sessions, but not load old ones?

If so it's the same as https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/threa...l#pid67235 (known issue affecting Catalina, hotfix is underway).
(04-21-2024, 08:42 AM)x42 Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 05:34 AM)Maux65 Wrote: I installed the new Mixbus 10 (standard) on my iMac Late 2013 with Catalina OS.

Can you create new sessions, but not load old ones?

If so  it's the same as  https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/threa...l#pid67235  (known issue affecting Catalina, hotfix is underway).

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

No problems with old sessions, Mixbus unfortunately crashes with both old and new sessions and therefore..... Or anything else, no vst currently installed on the mac for example.

I see I'm not the only one complaining about crashing problems on Catalina, the developers will surely have to rework the code but I'm confident
The current version of Mixbus on the store, 10.0.11 for Intel Macs now seems to work without problems on Catalina.

Thanks to the developers who listened to their customers. Good job!!!