Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metronome sending for recording
Hey there!

I'm trying to improve my recording workflow but I keep running into a little problem. To send the click to the musicians in the room I usually deroute the click to the listening monitoring and send it to an auxiliary bus, from that bus I send to the foldbacks and that way I have control over who to send the click to and at what volume, and what More importantly, not to be listening to it in the control room all the time.

My problem is that every time I close and open a session the click is rerouted to monitoring. That prevents me from even creating quick recording templates. And it's annoying every time I open a session to have to reopen the connection matrix to remove those two damn little green dots.

Is there a way for the click submission to stay where it is?
Or another technique you folks are using for this task?

Thank you!

W10, MB32c V9 latest release

PD: We are going to implement an ultranet monitoring system in the studio this week, so I will stop using the aux bus and foldbacks, but the little problem of the click rerouting itself is still something.
This 'click loses its settings' issue was fixed in the very last 9.x release, and it should also be fixed in the 10.0

We are very busy with the 10.0 release this weekend, so I haven't yet created a page to find the old v9 packages. But if you write our support and ask for the last 9.2 update, we can send you a link from the (now hidden) mixbus v9 page.

-Ben
(04-21-2024, 11:29 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: This 'click loses its settings' issue was fixed in the very last 9.x release,  and it should also be fixed in the 10.0

We are very busy with the 10.0 release this weekend, so I haven't yet created a page to find the old v9 packages.  But if you write our support and ask for the last 9.2 update, we can send you a link from the (now hidden) mixbus v9 page.

-Ben

Hello Ben! I'm aware of the fix note, but it wasn't fixed at all. I got the latest version v9 and v10 and the problem still exists. I can tell when I open a session because the I/O latency in the editor shows "ambiguous" in red.

I also notice that the solution talks about the click not being connected to the outputs when opening a session. Note that this issue is the reverse situation: the click is automatically redirected to the exits.

Thank you for everything and congratulations for v10, always improving!