Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-touch jog wheel jogs from previous mouse click
If I turn the jog wheel on my X-touch while playing, it doesn't always jog from where the playback head is. It seems to jog from where I last clicked with the mouse.

This is really confusing if the last place I clicked was minutes away from the playback head. If I press play again and then use the jog wheel, it jogs from where the playback head is.

The scrub button on the X-touch seems to always scrub from where the playback head is, as expected. Also, the <- and -> arrows on my keyboard jog from where the playback head is.

I've been searching through the various transport settings in Mixbus, but I can't find a setting to control this.

FWIW I have 'auto play,' 'auto return,' and 'follow range' off.
(03-18-2024, 09:57 AM)mkindred Wrote: If I turn the jog wheel on my X-touch while playing, it doesn't always jog from where the playback head is. It seems to jog from where I last clicked with the mouse.

This is really confusing if the last place I clicked was minutes away from the playback head. If I press play again and then use the jog wheel, it jogs from where the playback head is.

The scrub button on the X-touch seems to always scrub from where the playback head is, as expected. Also, the <- and -> arrows on my keyboard jog from where the playback head is.

I've been searching through the various transport settings in Mixbus, but I can't find a setting to control this.

FWIW I have 'auto play,' 'auto return,' and 'follow range' off.

Hi, did you check your edit point setting?

(03-18-2024, 10:07 AM)dspasic Wrote: Hi, did you check your edit point setting?

I have tried both 'mouse' and 'playhead', and it doesn't make a difference. The first time I rotate the jog wheel after pressing play, it still jogs from the last place on the timeline that I clicked. Subsequent jogs occur from where the playhead is.