Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Macbook for mixbus V9 ?
I am all for going to Mac from Windows, as I could not get the latency down on a windows machine near like I could with the Mac.
BUT...
95%...
I don't believe you ever mention what your buffer settings are...
I bet if you set them higher, you will see that number drop significantly.
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
If you're shopping for a new MacBook, read this thread first: https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/thread-11633.html

There are visual performance issues with macOS 14 Sonoma and the only real "solution" people have found to date is to downgrade back to macOS 13 Ventura.

If you buy a new MacBook, however, this comes with macOS 14 Sonoma out of the box and for newly bought machines there is no way to downgrade them to an older release.

So currently I would advise against buying any new Mac for use with Mixbus until someone finds a proper fix for this visual issue in macOS 14 Sonoma.
(03-11-2024, 03:06 AM)marratj Wrote: So currently I would advise against buying any new Mac for use with Mixbus until someone finds a proper fix for this visual issue in macOS 14 Sonoma.

Or Apple provides proper information about their dirty bloody little API patches to *all* developers.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(03-11-2024, 03:06 AM)marratj Wrote: If you're shopping for a new MacBook, read this thread first: https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/thread-11633.html

There are visual performance issues with macOS 14 Sonoma and the only real "solution" people have found to date is to downgrade back to macOS 13 Ventura.

If you buy a new MacBook, however, this comes with macOS 14 Sonoma out of the box and for newly bought machines there is no way to downgrade them to an older release.

So currently I would advise against buying any new Mac for use with Mixbus until someone finds a proper fix for this visual issue in macOS 14 Sonoma.

And to be fair, I'm not sure that's really a fix, but a bit of a workaround. My MBP still has some issues in Ventura. It's better than Sonoma for sure, but I literally just had a session crash, and came to see if there were any updates yet. I guess not. And honestly this was the first mix I've tried in MB 32c in a while. I've been using StudioOne and it's been pretty solid. I'm def not jumping ship. Just saying Ventura isn't perfect either. I still think it's more of a heat related issue. Likely due to some graphics coding issue that is more problematic under Sonoma. And probably not noticeable in a desktop rig with better cooling. And I'm not blaming Harrison. Apple likes to keep the ball rolling and issuing new versions instead of really dialing in a current version and making it truly stable.
You mean More Problematic in Sonoma?
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
(03-12-2024, 04:01 PM)jeff_sloan Wrote: You mean More Problematic in Sonoma?

Yes. Sorry about that. I’ll edit it for clarity.