Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crashing on CD Export / No toc file
Hi all.

I am trying to export a CD project (red book, single wav file, with toc and cue files).
It gets to the end of the export, and then crashes. I've tried over a dozen times.
In the project's export folder, the wav seems to have exported fine, but the .cue file is incomplete and there is no .toc (both were selected in the export's menu for the red book properties).

This is 64bit, Mixbus 32C 9.2.105 (rev 9.2-105-g81fec75cd9) on Xubuntu with Ubuntu Studio package, linux kernel version 5.15.0-91-lowlatency.

The terminal output (which I have to type out from a picture bc the crash takes my mouse and keyboard away so I have to hard shut down the system) are:

Code:
Announcement string is too long (probably behind a proxy).
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Glib::ConvetError'
Aborted (core dumped)
and then afterwards it has my terminal prompt with:
Code:
ardour-request-device: watched PID no longer exists - releasing device.
even though i didn't type that last part.

any advice on what I may be doing wrong?  even if it crashes, but I can get the wav and toc and/or cue files to export correctly, that's good enough for now. but eventually, I would like a real solution.  I have had a lot of problems with Mixbus crashing for years now and mostly just learned to live with it.
well, in case anyone else has this problem, the issue is with non-ASCII characters in song titles/region names that are being written to the cue/toc files.

the interesting thing is ardour does not crash when performing this action. also, ardour gives a terminal output that actually explains the problem.

Code:
[ERROR]: an error occurred while writing a TOC/CUE file: Cannot convert c♯ dorian to Latin-1 text

i guess i'll continue using "flat" and "sharp" in song titles.