Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus 9 Tempo edits
Am not able to delete Tempo markers.  The manual says "Shift+Right-click to remove a tempo marker" but nothing happens.

Also to edit a Tempo marker by "Right-clicking on the tempo marker to change its properties" doesn't do anything.

Very frustrating because Tempo Mapping is otherwise a great feature!
if you select "Edit->Tempo->Map Tempo" from the main menu, you'll see the old tempo markers and those options will work as before.

However, it is very important to note the difference between "tempo changes" (which will cause MIDI data to move, possibly getting out of sync with your audio) and "Tempo Mapping" which moves the grid, but all MIDI notes are intended to stay in place.

The tempo-mapping stuff is still in fast development, and doesn't work as intended, yet. In the v9.1 release, MIDI notes would appear not to move, but then a redraw would show that they have moved. Furthermore, UNDO does not work to recover the position of the MIDI notes. We have fixed these issues for the upcoming 9.2 update.

In v9.2 there will be a "Grid Tool" that you engage to adjust the grid, and the Tempo ruler will return to its prior operation in v9.1 (what you see if you select "Edit->Tempo->Map Tempo" in the main menu). That will make it less likely to accidentally adjust the tempo map.
(09-11-2023, 09:04 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: if you select "Edit->Tempo->Map Tempo" from the main menu,  you'll see the old tempo markers and those options will work as before.

However, it is very important to note the difference between "tempo changes"  (which will cause MIDI data to move,  possibly getting out of sync with your audio)  and "Tempo Mapping" which moves the grid, but all MIDI notes are intended to stay in place.

The tempo-mapping stuff is still in fast development, and doesn't work as intended, yet.  In the v9.1 release,  MIDI notes would appear not to move, but then a redraw would show that they have moved.  Furthermore, UNDO does not work to recover the position of the MIDI notes.  We have fixed these issues for the upcoming 9.2 update.

In v9.2  there will be a "Grid Tool" that you engage to adjust the grid,  and the Tempo ruler will return to its prior operation in v9.1  (what you see if you select "Edit->Tempo->Map Tempo" in the main menu).  That will make it less likely to accidentally adjust the tempo map.

Thank you Ben.  Unfortunately the "Edit->Tempo->Map Tempo" from the main menu does not work for me.  "Map Tempo" is permanently checked - I cannot uncheck it.  I can hide the Tempo Map by right-clicking on the "Rulers" area to the left of the timeline, but that's all.  None of the Tempos in the timeline are editable or deletable.

I wonder if all these problems I'm having has to do with Mixbus9 not really being compatible with Mac OSX 10.11.6 ??  As I mentioned in another post, using the Left/Right arrow keys to move the playhead by the Bar doesn't work either.  It works for 1/4 notes and smaller, but not Bars.
(09-12-2023, 07:46 PM)m p h Wrote: I wonder if all these problems I'm having has to do with Mixbus9 not really being compatible with Mac OSX 10.11.6 ??  As I mentioned in another post, using the Left/Right arrow keys to move the playhead by the Bar doesn't work either.  It works for 1/4 notes and smaller, but not Bars.
No not OS version based. I have noted same behaviour and emailed support on the issue.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(09-12-2023, 07:55 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 07:46 PM)m p h Wrote: I wonder if all these problems I'm having has to do with Mixbus9 not really being compatible with Mac OSX 10.11.6 ??  As I mentioned in another post, using the Left/Right arrow keys to move the playhead by the Bar doesn't work either.  It works for 1/4 notes and smaller, but not Bars.
No not OS version based. I have noted same behaviour and emailed support on the issue.

Whew - thank you once again Mr Dingo!  Time to replace the bandage on my forehead.

By the way, would you happen to know whether Harrison has any plans to implement a feature whereby one can extract a 'groove' from audio and create a MIDI quantizing template from it?  In other words, having the ability to humanize the quantize grid?
@ m p h:

Regarding the tempo change, you should visit Edit->Tempo and check the menu item for "Change Tempo", that will unset "Map Tempo" (they are mutually exclusive). However, as I noted, that will be significantly different in v9.2

Regarding groove templates: that feature is on our roadmap but is not currently in development.

-Ben
(09-14-2023, 01:07 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @ m p h:

Regarding the tempo change,  you should visit Edit->Tempo and check the menu item for "Change Tempo",  that will unset "Map Tempo"  (they are mutually exclusive).  However, as I noted, that will be significantly different in v9.2

Regarding groove templates:  that feature is on our roadmap but is not currently in development.

-Ben

Excellent.  Thank you Ben.

One last question: is it (or will it be) possible to 'glue' Tempo Maps to audio regions, so that when copying and pasting audio which has a tempo map applied to it, the tempo map will be copied and pasted along with the audio?

Or even just selecting a Tempo Map range and copying and pasting it to a new location?
Yes, in 9.2 it will be possible to cut/copy a section of the timeline, and the tempo-map will go with it. This is the culmination of several years' work on a technology called 'nutempo'. (well, not *just* that feature, but a whole bunch of features that add up)

It also sets the stage so that a region 'knows' where the pulse is. This will play into "warp markers", timestretching, and looping. Lots of DAWs can do those things, but we are trying to approach it from a different direction so the groove, sound quality, and ease-of-use are retained throughout the process.

-Ben
great sounding new options Ben. Keep us in the loop as to what cool stuff is coming.
Older Mac Mini 16 gig 1TB drive. MixBus32c latest version, Reaper 6, Band in a Box 2023, Presonus Audiobox VSL1818, several guitars.