Poll: Is it coming?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Before summer
21.43%
6 21.43%
After summer
53.57%
15 53.57%
Project is dead
7.14%
2 7.14%
I don't care
17.86%
5 17.86%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is it coming?
Hi.
I'm on a bad sunday mood today Big Grin
Not that i don't care actually, just that it's impossible to know. Unfortunately Harrison refuse to communicate about it, so the only possibility we have is to wait.
Hello Mixbussers -
I recall back before Winter NAMM that in response to this same question, when I speculated that they might release at Winter NAMM we were told by Harrison that they rarely go to or release anything at the Winter show........ NOW, my hope and guess, having used a little deductive reasoning - Lots of good news about Ardour 4, coupled with the fact that both Summer NAMM and Harrison are both in Nashville it would I think make at least a good guess that we might see it in July. Just a hopeful thought, but as has been said many times here - just want the Harrison guys to release it when it's good and ready - It will be more awesome than it already is!!
Win 7/64, Intel I7 quadcore 4 ghz, 16gb RAM
Well, if Harrison is anything like Presonus (that just released Studio One 3), you won't know anything about it until they decide its time. They did a remarkable job at keeping it under wraps until they wanted some sneak pics and mentions to start coming out..... and only the testers had a clue what was coming, but never let the cat out on it. Pretty amazing these days if you think about it..... Harrison seems like they are doing the same thing Smile
I'm excited to see what MB3 is all about!
~Budget Hobbyist
There's been hints that it's really close. I'm sure they're just making it as rock solid as possible before release. As hard as it is to wait, it will be ready when it's ready. Not a day sooner. Not a day later. Or at least I hope not a day later. Smile
(05-24-2015, 06:59 PM)Matt Wrote: There's been hints that it's really close. I'm sure they're just making it as rock solid as possible before release. As hard as it is to wait, it will be ready when it's ready. Not a day sooner. Not a day later. Or at least I hope not a day later. Smile

Close? Yes? Would be cool as I'm close to create my new hardware rig in the studio, too. But anyway, hard- or software, it's ready when it's ready Big Grin

MMM
Back when IZ first showed the new Radar Studio, Harrison wanted to put MB3 on it. But it wasn't ready. So it ships with v2.5 instead. They said it was a close call as to whether or not to do it. So I take it as, they have to be getting close now. That was several months ago. Could be a couple of months away still. I hope not. But each day that goes by is one day closer. Smile
Im new to all this, so the last year or so has been extremely exciting for me to watch unfold with all the daws releasing new versions, all the hype, all the drama that unfolds around it (some happy, some unhappy), watch and learn of new features. Again, its all new to me, but still, I started getting acquainted to things a couple of years ago, so everything I read, learned of, and followed was all about to change shortly thereafter. Kind of a fun rush!
Wonder when the first hint of a screenshot is going to be released by Harrison to get the hype going..............
~Budget Hobbyist
I understand the desire to not make promises they can't keep and also to get things right but, I find the COMPLETE lack of info about progress and even a crystal ball guess about what quarter or even what year they think they might release to be.........Troubling. While it is undoubtedly clear that they have the expertise to do it, I am beginning to wonder if they have the will and/or resources? I think it likely at this point that should MB3 come into being that It will likely be based on the Ardour 4 code base. I would guess that they are waiting for the code base to get closer to what they want before they begin adding their secret sauce. This is only my wild guess and it's NOT based on any knowledge other than my frustration of waiting in the dark. They have yet to say anything about the target price point as well. Ardour 4 is showing great promise. I am concerned that if it is too good, that Harrison will have trouble justifying putting more resources into MB3 if MB3 isn't enough better than Ardour 4 to warrant the difference in price.

This has been too long in coming guys. We are on your side. At least give us a little taste of what you have in mind. Please?

Respectfully
Archie
I agree it is too long in coming... long and drawn out. There seems to be a 100% agreement in understanding HMB in their reluctance to set a date... looks like we all get that. But surely there can be something offered to us, with a comment along the lines of we are trying for XX/XX/2015..?... and here are some screenshots accompanied by a list of definite new/upgraded features come on HMB... if we understand your reticence - then we will understand the reasoning why you may have problems and why you may not hit the XX/XX/2015..?? The price point doesn't matter so much because it is either reasonable or it isn't. Leaving subscribers in the dark about what they are subscribing to is becoming unreasonable

Alan M
Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, 16Gb memory, Intel i5 quad 4 (3,450Mhz), Audient ID22,
Reaper, 32C Ver5.1 (Rev 5'1), 32C Version 6