Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus cracking audio issues
I’m running monetery m1

I also been having this weird issue on 8.1 and I tested the latest update where I use the manual routing to sidechain a plugin to one of the 12 mixbusses that I toured all the music elements to and I hear distorted audio as soon as I connect the 2 channels for sidechain and it goes away after I remove the sidechain. 

I would also hear distortions playing audio samples in the import section when trying to listen to audio files before adding them in the session, and also when auditioning sounds,

Does anyone else have these issues !!
@Skyking11, I have tested auditioner on M1 macMini using both the ARM native build and Intel build and am getting no distortion at all through the chain.

I also imported some 24 tracks of loud material, created a utility bus then assigned 20 of those tracks via the utility bus to the side chain of an ACE Compressor on MB 1.
The 20 tracks then assigned to go out MB 2 and the four not side chained go to MB1 to be 'driven' by the side chains.

I am not getting any distortion at all.... both native and intel version tested (MB32C v 8.2.184)

Include some screenshots of how you are doing things, but it sounds like an interface, amplifier or setup issue.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(02-28-2023, 06:57 PM)Dingo Wrote: @Skyking11, I have tested auditioner on M1 macMini using both the ARM native build and Intel build and am getting no distortion at all through the chain.

I also imported some 24 tracks of loud material, created a utility bus then assigned 20 of those tracks via the utility bus to the side chain of an ACE Compressor on MB 1.
The 20 tracks then assigned to go out MB 2 and the four not side chained go to MB1 to be 'driven' by the side chains.

I am not getting any distortion at all.... both native and intel version tested (MB32C v 8.2.184)

Include some screenshots of how you are doing things, but it sounds like an interface, amplifier or setup issue.

I did some tests on another sessions and the sidechain routing issue seems to be caused by me having varispeed on my previous session so I will keep that in mind for next time. However when I want yo sidechain to a signal on the 12 mixbusses from a regular track I don’t always see the mixbusses on the sidechain list, I’m not sure why but whatever I guess. 

I still have the cracking issue on the import audio window playing a audio file on my desktop. 
The audition seems to be ok as well, probably caused by the varispeed from before.