Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C v8.2.170 update now available!
Our store has been updated with a hotfix for v8.2:   v8.2.170

We encourage all of our v8 users (with a paid license, or an unlicensed demo) to download this important software update.

Due to high download volume, we use the FastSpring download service to provide you with localized, fast downloads of the Mixbus software.  You will be prompted for your email address and area-code so FastSpring can provide you a fast download link.

Mixbus software installer: https://harrisonconsolesstore.onfastspri...us-v8-demo

Mixbus32C software installer: https://harrisonconsolesstore.onfastspri...2c-v8-demo

There is no charge for this software update.  If you have a v8 license, then the new software will find your license file without needing any steps to re-authorize it.  If you do not have a license, you may choose to update to the newest software, but it will continue to work in 'demo' mode.

Changes since the last release 8.2.131:
  • Improved the drawing speed of the Editor canvas and playhead; this should be especially noticeable on high-resolution (4k) screens
  • Fixed a problem introduced in 8.2.131 with some VST3 plugins where the knob would "fight" the user or snap to top/bottom values
  • Fixed EBU-128 loudness measurement for mono signals
  • Fixed a drawing glitch in the editor window which caused the bottom-most track header to be repeatedly drawn, after certain operations
  • Fixed a problem where the "Stop All Cues" Cue marker failed to work under very specific conditions
  • When drag&dropping a Send from one track to another (to make a copy of that Send), the latency compensation was not correct.  This has been fixed.
  • Fixed a crash introduced in 8.2.131, when clicking any modifier key (shift, cmd, ctrl) when an XT plugin has focus
  • Fixed the default frequency value for LPF in the stereo version of the new XT-CQ
  • Fixed an occasional audio glitch in exported MP3 files
  • Fixed a crash in Export->Simple Export dialog when there is no defined session range
As always, feel free to write us (mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com) with your thoughts on this new update!

Best Regards,
-Ben Loftis
Harrison Mixbus product manager
Confirmed that the issue of some plugins acting weird or not responding to changes is fixed now. Specifically, FabFilter Pro*Q was exhibiting this problem up through v8.2.155, and is now working great with this new version.
-- Brett McCoy
Windows 10, i7 core, 64G Ram, RME Hammerfall Multiface II, Faderport16, Mixbus32C 8.2
anyone having this issue where when you exit a session it closes but then it says it didn't close properly, like it crashes, im using Mac OS, I always have this issue after I start adding plugins to a session then exit mixbus.
@Skyking:

If you have a crash on mac, please click "Generate report", then "Show Details", and finally select-all/copy/paste the text of the report into an email for us. If we can see the crash report, we can often guess the problem and help you fix it, or avoid it.

Does the problem occur if you open the session in Safe mode, to prevent loading plugins(*)? It's not terribly uncommon for some plugins to crash when we ask them to shut down. Incorrectly free-ing any allocated memory is a very common programming mistake. Something that works fine in one DAW, might not work in other DAWs, due to random differences in how the memory gets allocated.

(*) to open a session in safe mode, you hold the "Cmd" key (or Ctrl on windows) while you click the Open button.

I hope we can get this sorted for you quickly.

-Ben
I'm so happy to see the vst3 issue solved!
So far this build has worked like a charm for me.

I also wish to make a little applause for the XT-CQ plugin.
When presented with another EQ, I was rather indifferent. We have so plenty.
Yet, after trying out the XT-CQ a little, it was an obvious purchase for me.
The sound is better than any other graphical parametric EQ I have. I can sculpt with it and I really have to put effort into making it sound bad.
Also the GUI is really handy and nice, with the keyboard, the waterfall and the IN/OUT etc.
Impressive work!
It's my go-to from here.

Just one thing:
I may be wrong, but I think the XT-CQ in previous builds had the feature that when double-clicking a parameter, it would return to default.
If I'd set EQ band 7 to +5db, and double-click the 5db, I think this used to reset to 0db.
In the new build, however, it doesn't. At least for me. In Linux.
I have to manually drag it down to 0db.
@krans:  thank you very much for the kind words!  We put a lot of time&effort into the small details that make the XT-CQ work so well.  As you say, there are lots of EQs in existence so we had to make something special.  It's these very small details that make the difference between a regular EQ and a 'great' one.

Regarding the double-click:  one of our other forum-users noted that it is conventional to double-click on a text field, to enter text.  And this led him to accidentally reset the knob on more than one occasion.   So for now, I've removed the double-click feature.   Perhaps we need to add a new way to reset the default values.

-Ben
(02-15-2023, 08:51 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @krans:  thank you very much for the kind words!  We put a lot of time&effort into the small details that make the XT-CQ work so well.  As you say, there are lots of EQs in existence so we had to make something special.  It's these very small details that make the difference between a regular EQ and a 'great' one.

Regarding the double-click:  one of our other forum-users noted that it is conventional to double-click on a text field, to enter text.  And this led him to accidentally reset the knob on more than one occasion.   So for now, I've removed the double-click feature.   Perhaps we need to add a new way to reset the default values.

-Ben

Well yes!
Double click in a text field, sure, but double click on the knob, reset to zero.
Is a knob a text field?
I'm not trying to be smart alek, but can we have both?
Wink
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
I just realise that Melodyne does not work anymore with this recent version. I don't get any sound. Can I please get a link to the Mixbus32C 8.2-66-gb30c002582 (Linux) version?
Thanks Holger

The problem is, that I can't hear anything in the tracks where Melodyne is enabled. I can record (transfer) from the track to melodyne but can not play back. If I disable melodyne, iI hear the original track.
This problem exists for new projects and for existing ones - which is really sad...
MB 32C 9.1.324 / Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - KDE / Kernel 5.14.0 / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core / NVIDIA GP108 Driver 390.147 / Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
@Holger, I am using Melodyne 5 on macOS running AU version on M1 system and all functioning normally.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(02-14-2023, 01:08 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @Skyking:

If you have a crash on mac, please click "Generate report", then "Show Details", and finally select-all/copy/paste the text of the report into an email for us.  If we can see the crash report, we can often guess the problem and help you fix it, or avoid it.

Does the problem occur if you open the session in Safe mode, to prevent loading plugins(*)?  It's not terribly uncommon for some plugins to crash when we ask them to shut down.  Incorrectly free-ing any allocated memory is a very common programming mistake.  Something that works fine in one DAW, might not work in other DAWs,  due to random differences in how the memory gets allocated.

(*) to open a session in safe mode, you hold the "Cmd" key  (or Ctrl on windows) while you click the Open button.

I hope we can get this sorted for you quickly.

-Ben

ill try the safe mode when I can.