Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C v8.2 - Now Available!
(12-27-2022, 07:05 PM)Dingo Wrote: From OP:
Plugins:
Preference to destroy plugin UIs, instead of keeping them in memory but hidden: this can significantly reduce cpu usage with some brands of plugins, especially on windows VSTs. 
Enable this new mode by visiting Preferences ->
Plugins

my mistake I must have missed that from looking at the release notes.
Still experiencing slow graphics as reported in beta testing.

- Graphics become sluggish as more tracks are added.
- Only occurs in Edit window, Mixer window is fine.
- Disabling graphics hardware acceleration seems to help, but does not feel as slick as 8.1 with larger sessions.
- 8.1 is fine.

Mac Intel, Big Sur.
Is the console EQ a paying plugin for existing users ? If that is the case, it shouldn't be listed in the change log IMHO.
Just wondering why the Hide option got removed from the Plugin Selector window? I used to find it quite useful  Confused

There's still an option to Show Hidden plugins but that's only of limited use if you can't hide them in the first place  Huh

Or is there a new setting somewhere to bring the Hide option back??
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(12-28-2022, 01:25 AM)Brownsound Wrote: Still experiencing slow graphics as reported in beta testing.

- Graphics become sluggish as more tracks are added.
- Only occurs in Edit window, Mixer window is fine.
- Disabling graphics hardware acceleration seems to help, but does not feel as slick as 8.1 with larger sessions.
- 8.1 is fine.

Mac Intel, Big Sur.

I hope the sluggish performance can be resorted. I feel like I always feel a bit anxious when there’s a new update or release because things always seem break down.
Unfortunately Windows won't let me create a screenshot to show this but whenever I'm displaying any menu, the disabled items are suddenly getting printed here in the same colour as the background (i.e disabled items just look like blank entries...) Can someone remind me which colour I'd need to change if I want to make the disabled items visible? I assumed it'd start with 'menu' or 'gtk_menu' but I can't see anything.  Huh
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
So I updated, and the XT-CQ looks interesting, but do I have to buy it now? It is asking for a license number....  Angry  That's not a platform update (as you have advertised)  if it does not come with it, it is just another additional plugin to buy. Please advise?
@Stephane, @synaesthesia:  all of our XT plugins require a separate license.  I have changed the wording in the original post to make this clearer.
@johne53: regarding the 'hide' button, this is now accomplished in "Window->Plugin Manager" rather than in the plugin selector.
After Update to 8.2 all colors are gone to grey and looking very bad - on win 10 - 8.1. was ok ????