Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analog kick to Midi plugin
Greetings everyone. Newbie here. Well to MIDI not necessarily to multitrack recording. I couldn't find a topic describing what I'm looking for so I'm creating an new one in hopes there is someone here who has experience with what I'm trying to do and can offer some guidance. What am I trying to do?. I'm looking for a plug in that will take the recorded audio track of a kick drum and translate it to midi to trigger a midi instrument in Mixbus. As a hobby I do on site multitrack recording of live bands in the area. Some drum kits are not that great and mics can only do so much. I have been able to port the drum tracks through an external Alesis D4 drum module but the sounds, while good are not exactly what I'm looking for.  Unfortunately the MIDI out on the D4 does not function otherwise I would be able to use it for the trigger. So, I've tried the x42 On Set Trigger plugin but apparently I'm not getting the routing set correctly and have had no luck finding a guide for dummies such as myself. To complicate things a bit I'm using a Behringer X32 desk as a control console for MixBus so MIDI control is tried up with that.

Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks
(12-15-2022, 12:13 PM)tlmichael Wrote: Greetings everyone. Newbie here. Well to MIDI not necessarily to multitrack recording. I couldn't find a topic describing what I'm looking for so I'm creating an new one in hopes there is someone here who has experience with what I'm trying to do and can offer some guidance. What am I trying to do?. I'm looking for a plug in that will take the recorded audio track of a kick drum and translate it to midi to trigger a midi instrument in Mixbus. As a hobby I do on site multitrack recording of live bands in the area. Some drum kits are not that great and mics can only do so much. I have been able to port the drum tracks through an external Alesis D4 drum module but the sounds, while good are not exactly what I'm looking for.  Unfortunately the MIDI out on the D4 does not function otherwise I would be able to use it for the trigger. So, I've tried the x42 On Set Trigger plugin but apparently I'm not getting the routing set correctly and have had no luck finding a guide for dummies such as myself. To complicate things a bit I'm using a Behringer X32 desk as a control console for MixBus so MIDI control is tried up with that.

Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks

SPL Drumexchanger might help here. For me it's a tool if nothing else helps. 
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/produ...anger.html
Both, Melodyne and DrumExchanger works under Linux as well if you install wine and yabridge
MB 32C 9.1.324 / Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - KDE / Kernel 5.14.0 / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core / NVIDIA GP108 Driver 390.147 / Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
My favorite drum trigger plugin is Drum Replacer from UVI. It not only has very complex analysis options but also serves as a host for drum plugins if wanted, so that you can hear the results played with your desired sounds instantanous.
Mac Pro 5,1 | 6x 3,4Ghz | 48GB | OS X 10.14  | Macbook Pro M1 | 16GB | OS X 14.4 | Metric Halo 2882 3d 
http://www.sounddesign-pro.com