Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Function key re-assignment when Rec Cues is enabled ?
This might well be a lack of knowledge on my part but here goes...

In the Cues page, pressing function keys (F1 / F2 / F3 etc) will play the various Cues. And if Rec Cues is enabled, they'll create new Cue markers which can later be seen when you return to the Editor page. But AFAICT this can't be done from the Editor page itself.  Huh

So how about a scenario for the Editor window whereby (when Rec Cues is enabled) the various function keys get re-assigned temporarily such that Cues can be triggered without needing to be in the Cues page itself.

Hopefully the same keys get used for all platforms?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
F-keys are weird. Some keyboards have F1...F16 while some have less. Some keyboards (like many laptops) don't have directly accessible F-keys. And (as far as I can tell) it's a widely held convention that F11 toggles fullscreen. This limits what you can reliably do with F-keys on different computers and operating systems.

Currently the F-keys do something different on each of the 4 main pages:

Mixer: recalls mixer scene F1..F8
Editor: recalls editor view (zoom&scroll of the editor canvas) F1..F8
Recorder: I forget (maybe nothing right now?)
Cues: launch Cue row F1...F8

.... But of course we could change it in a future version.
Thanks Ben - just to ensure my sanity...

Is there already some way to trigger Cues from within the Editor window? When I was testing this yesterday I'm sure I managed to achieve that somehow. I remember noticing that nothing appeared in the Cue Markers lane - until I pressed Stop and then they all suddenly appeared.

Maybe I had the Cues window detached at the time and it just happened to be the active window  Huh
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(08-09-2022, 02:44 AM)johne53 Wrote: Maybe I had the Cues window detached at the time and it just happened to be the active window  Huh

Most likely scenario - easy to get confused between multi screens - might need more graphical indication as to what part of the work space is in focus.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5