Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behringer X touch plugin control [solved]
Hi Guys,

Been a looooong time since I last used Mixbus.... honestly I never really committed enough time to learning the basics and after having DSP issues
basically put it in the back burner.
I did however upgrade to Mixbus 7 and didn't touch it until yesterday.
I must say...I am really warming up to it a lot....I think it's awesome actually.

I had done a practice mix of a song in Reaper with a bunch of plugins and then actually compared it to the Mixbus version using Hofa blind test and I preferred the Mixbus version almost every time, i was shocked.
Not sure if I simply got lucky and made a better mix on Mixbus but I don't think so.
Anyhow just wanna say I'm really enjoying it now....I guess I never really gave it a good chance or made enough of an effort initially.
I always supported Harrison either way by upgrading and always promised myself I would actually sit down and spend quality time with the DAW but never did.

Also....not sure if this is something new that was implemented or maybe I was oblivious to it  I noticed there is plugin control in MIXBUS too?
It seems to work really well with the Behringer X Touch but my question is....
I noticed you can control brainworx, SSL native ect BUT only to a certain degree.
Not all functions are there UNLESS I'm missing something
I tried for example pulling up a Pulsar MU compressor and it had mostly everything mapped except the Threshold and Release or attack. 
It seems all the compressors are missing some functions.
Are they on some other page on the X TOUCH somewhere?

Is there a way I can actually map those missing functions?

Sorry one more question  (Not related to the above   .the reason why I upgraded to the regular version7 and not 32C is because my monitor can fit the regular version much better on screen
Now....I also own the 32C channel strip VST....in essence if I place the 32C plugin on all tracks isn't it the same as actually having the 32C version of Mixbus.
I mean you're still getting the Mixbus saturation from the DAW itself and then simply adding the 32C VST.
Or is my thinking out of whack?

I hope my questions are clear enough Smile

I think I am really going to continue mixing on Mixbus

Thanks much guys!
Hello!

Just a quick update, please feel free to lock this thread as solved.

I was just messing and duh!  Found out that the lower right hand corner controls on the Behringer X touch allow
for switching to more pages....all the plugin functions are accounted for...this is awesome!

Smile Smile Smile
Interesting... The 32c v7 manual suggests that plugin control isn't implemented, as in v6 (which I'm still using) - see below. So the manual is not updated, I take it? Or there's a different way to access this feature? If plugin control is working now, I'll update.

From the manual - I can't do bold but see about 3/4 of the way down...

Encoder Assign Buttons:
The Encoder Assign buttons define what the knobs above each fader do.

Track: To use the Track controls, you must first “select” a channel using a channel Select button. The 8 knobs will switch to show the channel’s Input trim, solo isolate, solo lock, and polarity switches.
Pan/Surround: This is the default setting. When this is selected, each channel’s knob will control its pan. Clicking the knob will toggle the master bus assign on/off.
EQ: To use the EQ controls, you must first “select” a channel using a channel Select button. The 8 knobs will switch to show the selected channel’s EQ settings (this varies for channels vs mixbuses vs master bus )
Send: To use the Send controls, you must first “select” a channel using a channel Select button. The 8 knobs will switch to show the channel’s mixbus send levels. You can adjust the send level with a knob, or click the send to enable/disable it. You may also click the “Flip” button to control the mixbus send levels from the fader.
Plug-In: this feature is currently unimplemented.
Inst: For Mixbus, “Inst” is used to control the channel compressor. To use the Compressor controls, you must first “select” a channel using a channel Select button. The 8 knobs will switch to show the selected channel’s compressor settings.
(01-09-2022, 10:03 PM)reapermusic Wrote: Sorry one more question  (Not related to the above   .the reason why I upgraded to the regular version7 and not 32C is because my monitor can fit the regular version much better on screen
Now....I also own the 32C channel strip VST....in essence if I place the 32C plugin on all tracks isn't it the same as actually having the 32C version of Mixbus.
I mean you're still getting the Mixbus saturation from the DAW itself and then simply adding the 32C VST.
Or is my thinking out of whack?

I think you are spot on - I published a number of related tests here. Most related to your question would be numbers 3+4:
https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/threa...l#pid57623
https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/threa...l#pid57641
This compares the plugin to the built-in strip.
My conlusion there is that the difference on Day3 came from the input gain staging, which was confirmed by Ben. Since Mixbus and Mixbus32C have the same gain staging and summing etc you should be fine with the channel strip - and, on top, you will be able to cascade it with the built in EQ/Comp in Mixbus Smile

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(02-20-2022, 06:09 PM)Stew71 Wrote: Interesting... The 32c v7 manual suggests that plugin control isn't implemented, as in v6 (which I'm still using) - see below. So the manual is not updated, I take it?  Or there's a
Inst: For Mixbus, “Inst” is used to control the channel compressor. To use the Compressor controls, you must first “select” a channel using a channel Select button. The 8 knobs will switch to show the selected channel’s compressor settings.

Now in 32c 7.latest :

select a track, press plugin
on he first buttons one can select which plugin to choose: press
The plugin opens and on the scribble the irst row of prameters appear.

left right of the arrow keys under Faderbank/channel scrolls the rest of the parameters

all names miss the vowels : saying alouds help to decode.

The channel plugins of 32C appear also in a window : nice and cute
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(02-21-2022, 07:59 AM)Frank Wrote:
(02-20-2022, 06:09 PM)Stew71 Wrote: Interesting... The 32c v7 manual suggests that plugin control isn't implemented, as in v6 (which I'm still using) - see below. So the manual is not updated, I take it?  Or there's a

Now in 32c 7.latest :

select a track, press plugin
on he first buttons one can select which plugin to choose: press
The plugin opens and on the scribble the irst row of prameters appear.

left right of the arrow keys under Faderbank/channel scrolls the rest of the parameters

all names miss the vowels : saying alouds help to decode.

The channel plugins of 32C appear also in a window : nice and cute

Ah, thanks, that's good to know. So the v7 manual needs updating then. Is there (night there be) any way to edit the parameter mapping and labeling?

I use the Klinke extension (for MCU devices) 
in Reaper, which allows this & is much more helpful than what reaper defaults to at least.
(02-21-2022, 09:12 AM)Stew71 Wrote: lAh, thanks, that's good to know. So the v7 manual needs updating then. Is there (night there be) any way to edit the parameter mapping and labeling
I use the Klinke extension (for MCU devices) 
in Reaper, which allows this & is much more helpful than what reaper defaults to at least.

I do not know , sorry ad did not have time to check : we had bad storms for 5 days.

Now i have to catch up with a mix

Try your self ? I do not use klinke

Regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
Hi Stew.

Frank beat me to it but yes...plugin control works Smile
Very cool
Hello MMM!
Sorry for the ultra late response and thank you.
Yes I did read up on your tests and much appreciated and so detailed!
I'm really loving mixbus (both versions) he he