Poll: Is this a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No. I use those functions for completely different reasons
33.33%
1 33.33%
Yes. I too have the same issue
0%
0 0%
Maybe. I have a better idea and will post my counter-suggestion in the comments
0%
0 0%
Did you know that the word 'spoon' supposedly comes from the Old Norse word 'sponn' and originates from around 1300AD?
66.67%
2 66.67%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature Request: converge marker types
Hi all, 

I have a suggestion on usability which I think will help to avoid confusion. As a fresh user, intuitively, I move to strike the 'm' key to place location markers or markers from the playhead. Even now, as a more advanced user, I still move to that key. I've actually now mapped playhead markers to 'm' and it's great during recording, no such advantage for location makers.

There are two specific issues here: 

1. There doesn't seem to be a shortcut for location markers, which is extremely frustrating
2. location markers and playhead markers seem to serve the same purpose, or at least provide a conduit towards almost identical conclusions

There is another unrelated issue where the location markers do not illicit a rename window upon creation. If it's a mere config change, this should be on by default. 

I feel rather strongly about shortcuts and intuitive usability and have given this a great deal of thought. I cannot see how I would be convinced otherwise, but I'm of course open to try.
Hi medicineman25 welcome to the Mixbus Forum.
On the Edit page M will Mark Cue Marker... markers also use the TAB key or KeyPad Enter as shortcuts for marking from the playhead position.
Window / Keyboard Shortcuts to view or change.
Preferences / Transport / Prompt for new marker names - if you want the dial to pop up. The factory default is off, which works for most people... if you want, change it.
https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...t-features
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Hey @Dingo!

Thanks for the welcome Smile

Ok cool, thanks for all that. I couldn't find any of that last time.

Where are the preferences for the location markers? I want to use TAB as a mix/edit window toggle and m as a location marker.

EDIT: oh wait yes I see them now... I still think these two functions should be merged and the defaults improved from factory.