Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
physical_audio_input_monitor_enable
Hello,
I use Ubuntu Studio 20.04LTS and Mixbus32C.

After upgrading to Mixbus32C V7 an input port labelled "physical_audio_input_monitor_enable" shows up
in the QjackCtl Audio Tab and all system output ports are connected to it.
In the Midi Tab there is also a "physical_midi_input_monitor_enable" with connections.

Has anyone else come across this behaviour?

If you go to the Audio Connections window in Mixbus32C they do not show up.
You can see the connections in Carla too if you go to Carla's Patchbay Tab.

I tried searching the web and only came up with two references to this "physical_audio_input_monitor_enable".
On github (sorry wasn't allowed to post link)  , information was vague anyways.
Seems related to Ardour (maybe).

Is Mixbus32C leaking these input ports? Jack is picking up on it and making connections.
Hope someone can shed some light on this.
Thanks.
(11-18-2021, 05:20 PM)Sapperton Wrote: Hello,
I use Ubuntu Studio 20.04LTS and Mixbus32C.

After upgrading to Mixbus32C V7 an input port labelled "physical_audio_input_monitor_enable" shows up
in the QjackCtl Audio Tab and all system output ports are connected to it.
In the Midi Tab there is also a "physical_midi_input_monitor_enable" with connections.

Has anyone else come across this behaviour?

If you go to the Audio Connections window in Mixbus32C they do not show up.
You can see the connections in Carla too if you go to Carla's Patchbay Tab.

I tried searching the web and only came up with two references to this "physical_audio_input_monitor_enable".
On github (sorry wasn't allowed to post link)  , information was vague anyways.
Seems related to Ardour (maybe).

Is Mixbus32C leaking these input ports? Jack is picking up on it and making connections.
Hope someone can shed some light on this.
Thanks.

That's new to me... do you have "let Mixbus monitor the session" on? I always have "Hardware monitoring".
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Hi,
I always have the audio hardware do the monitoring.
Both at the rehearsal space and at home.

This only showed up after upgrading to V7 of Mixbus32C
(11-18-2021, 10:45 PM)Sapperton Wrote: Hi,
I always have the audio hardware do the monitoring.
Both at the rehearsal space and at home.

This only showed up after upgrading to V7 of Mixbus32C

Ha! I have that now, too! Haven't done much recently, was more busy playing with synths.
Maybe it has something to do with the new TAPEX recording window, which monitors all physical inputs.

MMM
Linux throughout!

Hi,
Interesting theory about the TAPEX feature.
I have not used that feature yet. Does it display midi inputs too?
Asking because  there is also this "physical_midi_input_monitor_enable" that shows up in the MIdi Tab too.

Maybe someone out there can confirm what I am getting. I use Ubuntu Studio 20.04, but this should show up on other distros.

Before starting Mixbus32C start QjackCtl. Check out what shows up under the Audio and Midi Tabs, and Messages window.
Then start Mixbus32C ... go back to QjackCtl and check the Audio and Midi Tabs and the Messages window.
Do these input ports show up?

Do you use Carla for hosting your synths? If so you can use Carla instead of QjackCtl and have a look at Carla's Patchbay.

This is not a deal breaker for me, just a minor annoyance. At the rehearsal space I have to go in and manually disconnect
each audio input coming from the system (32 inputs) to this "physical_audio _input_monitor_enable".
(11-19-2021, 12:43 PM)Sapperton Wrote: This is not a deal breaker for me, just a minor annoyance. At the rehearsal space I have to go in and manually disconnect
each audio input coming from the system (32 inputs) to this "physical_audio _input_monitor_enable".

I don't know what these two inputs are but you could write a BASH script to do that step for you, if you're using JACK.

Code:
jack_disconnect "mixbus32c:physical_audio_input_monitor_enable" "system:capture_1"
jack_disconnect "mixbus32c:physical_audio_input_monitor_enable" "system:capture_2"

This disconnects the first two inputs, in my setup they're named capture_1 and capture_2 in the "system" device. Do likewise for all of the other inputs.
(11-19-2021, 12:43 PM)Sapperton Wrote: Do you use Carla for hosting your synths? If so you can use Carla instead of QjackCtl and have a look at Carla's Patchbay.

Haha Carla wouldn't take the synths - I'm a victim of the Behringer-bug: Crave, Neutron, Odyssey, 2600, VC340... soon Deepmind 12 and I doubt I will be able to resist the UB-Xa when it finally arrives Big Grin

MMM
Linux throughout!

(11-19-2021, 10:51 PM)johndev Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 12:43 PM)Sapperton Wrote: This is not a deal breaker for me, just a minor annoyance. At the rehearsal space I have to go in and manually disconnect

I don't know what these two inputs are but you could write a BASH script to do that step for you, if you're using JACK.

Code:
jack_disconnect "mixbus32c:physical_audio_input_monitor_enable" "system:capture_1"
jack_disconnect "mixbus32c:physical_audio_input_monitor_enable" "system:capture_2"

This disconnects the first two inputs, in my setup they're named capture_1 and capture_2 in the "system" device. Do likewise for all of the other inputs.

Hi johndev,
Thanks for the tip.
Using a BASH script would really help for now. Great idea. Much better than 64+ mouse clicks.

Still, it would be nice to know why this is happening but in the interim the BASH script should do the trick.
Thanks.