Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus32C v7 - Now Available!
We're Getting the Band Back Together!

v7 is here!  Existing Mixbus32C customers should receive an upgrade coupon today via email. The upgrade price for Mixbus32C v7 is $79 from any prior version of Mixbus32C.

Mixbus32C v7 Features:
  • Dedicated Recorder window with TapeX 
  • Mac and Windows installers are now Signed and Notarized: no more security prompts during installation!
  • Updated Mac builds use the latest Apple tools to support the new Waves v12 plugins (among other benefits)
  • Updated ASIO driver for Windows: improved CPU performance and better support for ASIO devices that use milliseconds to set the buffersize rather than samples
Are you ready to get the band back together?!  TapeX ("Tracking And Performing EXperience") is a new page dedicated to capturing your multitrack band performances... either live or in the studio.  Some of the benefits of the new Recorder window with TapeX include:
  • A compact view of your track's record & monitor status, plus a simplified timeline that keeps everything in view at once
  • A dedicated meter-bridge for your soundcard inputs: you no longer have to create a Track to see which hardware input you are plugged into
  • Hardware input renaming: name your device's hardware inputs to match your studio connections:  "Vocal Mic", "Guitar Mic", "Bass DI" ... these names are retained across sessions
Try a free demo at our Software Downloads page
Thanks once again for the great work! Besides all the new, cool features V7 is super stable and working like a charm. 

And...we got back our Waves V12 plugins in V7 which is a great relief finally. It obviously was you, guys, who got the Waves plugins 
working because in my Standard Mixbus V6 it still does not appear correctly, despite having updated all the Waves plugins as well. 

Means, it was not the Waves update which solved the issue actually but yours. 
A big thank you for that. 

So 
1) Get the V7 update everybody! It is more than worth the 79 bucks! 
2) Please, let us know if/when the Standard Mixbus will be updated to V7 as well and what will be the price for V6 owners? 
3) Maybe you can look into the UAD plugins issue (many plugins appear as expired demos and got disabled) for future updates? 

Anyway. 
Congrats and many thanks to the Mixbus team. 

Cheers.
(03-24-2021, 03:35 PM)Warevo Wrote: So 
1) Get the V7 update everybody! It is more than worth the 79 bucks! 
2) Please, let us know if/when the Standard Mixbus will be updated to V7 as well and what will be the price for V6 owners? 
3) Maybe you can look into the UAD plugins issue (many plugins appear as expired demos and got disabled) for future updates? 

Anyway. 
Congrats and many thanks to the Mixbus team. 

Cheers.

Unfortunately, I have to stay with 6.2.70, because only in this version AU UAD works.
It would be cool to see UAD plugins working in MB32c 7.
MacOS 10.15.7, Mixbus32C, Mac Pro 5.1, MacBook Pro, UAD, Mackie Onyx
Metapop: https://metapop.com/v-s-g-music
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/v-s-g-music
I got the email and will probably upgrade anyway because, you know, 7 is 1 more than 6 Big Grin , but is that the full release notes in the first post, Ben?
I retired from live audio last year so don't do multitrack recording any more, and use Linux and no Waves, so I don't see any compelling new features or fixes.
Is the bug of LF EQ displaying 10x its actual value in the scribble strip fixed?

Still, as a user since MB 2.5, it's nice to see development progressing at a steady pace. Wink Cool
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

I think the new Recorder window will turn out to be quite handy, even for small-track-count recordings; it's described in more detail here: https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ord-window
I installed v7 on my Windows 10 and it is working perfectly. With this version I can now save the settings of the Softube Tape plugin. Thanks! Smile
I'm very much underwhelmed so far with V7. Very slight bit of DSP improvement, but that's all I really noticed. The Recorder window does little for me since I already have most of that from my interface. I've had to switch to Studio One 5 for tracking and editing. With Studio One I can record at 32 samples AND have plugins on the input channels that print to the track while recording. Nice to be able to have a little EQ (or whatever else) printed to the track during recording! I can't hardly even start Mixbus 32C at 32 samples, I need at at least 128 or 256 to keep the DSP less than 70-75%.

With Studio One, no issues at all at 32 samples, AND I can monitor in the DAW and hear the plugins with no issue. If Mixbus had that ability I would have never switched, and I'll probably still use it for mixing, but at 4096 samples so I have room to play. And it still crashes occasionally, which sucks!
HP Z800 Dual Quad Core Xeon | W10 Pro x64 | 48GB RAM | 1TB SSD System/OS | 1TB SSD audio/sessions | 2x Nvidia Quadro K2200 (4GB ) | Primary Display: 3440x1440 | 2nd Display: 2560x1440 | 3rd Display: 1920x1080 | RME HDSPe RayDAT | Faderport 16
Haven't received any email with an upgrade coupon.
I never upgrade my 32c v5 to v6 ... is that the reason why?
Harrison tend to roll out emails over a few days, but if you are worried about missing the intro offer email mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com
Also Ben stated in his OP: The upgrade price for Mixbus32C v7 is $79 from any prior version of Mixbus32C.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(03-24-2021, 10:33 PM)JK Mobley Wrote: I'm very much underwhelmed so far with V7. Very slight bit of DSP improvement, but that's all I really noticed. The Recorder window does little for me since I already have most of that from my interface. I've had to switch to Studio One 5 for tracking and editing. With Studio One I can record at 32 samples AND have plugins on the input channels that print to the track while recording. Nice to be able to have a little EQ (or whatever else) printed to the track during recording! I can't hardly even start Mixbus 32C at 32 samples, I need at at least 128 or 256 to keep the DSP less than 70-75%.

With Studio One, no issues at all at 32 samples, AND I can monitor in the DAW and hear the plugins with no issue. If Mixbus had that ability I would have never switched, and I'll probably still use it for mixing, but at 4096 samples so I have room to play. And it still crashes occasionally, which sucks!

I completely agree.
There is nothing in here to warrant a major version update imo. Slapping on a “TapeX” add-on doesn’t quite cut it, and as for the rest they belong in a minor update like

Is there a fix for the broken midi mapping support for the knobs on the mixbuses?
Is there an easy way to bounce midi to audio yet?

This to me seems more like a cheap money grab attempt, and I’m not falling for it.
Very disappointed.  

PS. And all you fan boys can dislike my comments all you want. See if I care.
PS2. I think Harrison would be better off releasing the channel strip as a separate plugin. That would cause some traction.