Harrison Mixbus Forum
The ability to bypass every single plugin and channel strip - Printable Version

+- Harrison Mixbus Forum (https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com)
+-- Forum: Mixbus User Forum (https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Mixbus General Discussion (https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/forum-11.html)
+---- Thread: The ability to bypass every single plugin and channel strip (/thread-11780.html)

Pages: 1 2

The ability to bypass every single plugin and channel strip - Studio Saturn - 03-14-2024

I need the ability to do before and after with one click in Harrison for tutorial purposes. Studio One does it, Reaper does it.

RE: The ability to bypass every single plugin and channel strip - Dannie Jensen - 03-14-2024

No it would be nice to …
?

RE: The ability to bypass every single plugin and channel strip - arthie - 03-14-2024

Mixersnapshot before and after does not do the trick for you?

RE: The ability to bypass every single plugin and channel strip - Scardanelli - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 04:50 AM)arthie Wrote: Mixersnapshot before and after does not do the trick for you?

Just jumping in on this - so, by the time we've added plugins, generally several changes to the mix balance will have taken place. It is simply not going to be a direct comparison between with plugins and without - very impractical. So no, I don't imagine Mixersnapshot will do the trick. 

I second the request, badly needed! And available in most if not all other DAWs

RE: The ability to bypass every single plugin and channel strip - PBuryk - 03-14-2024

+1 on the channel strip all-plugin bypass ability.

Cheers!
Patrick

RE: The ability to bypass every single plugin and channel strip - Ben@Harrison - 03-14-2024

I understand that other DAWs have this feature but it seems like a complicated feature to do correctly.

If you disable all plugins then you must remember not to re-enable the plugins that were already disabled (perhaps this is handled by some hidden bypass mechanism that doesn't change the actual plugin's settings....?)

Secondly, there are plugins that (for example) widen a mono channel to stereo, or split it into mid/side, or pan it, or conversely sum 2 channels down to one. If you bypass those plugins then I can imagine the signal would stick to one side or the other, or ... I dunno something strange.

So, while it sounds like a cool feature, it may be that our more complicated signal flow makes this an impractical addition for us.

Besides the "wow all those plugins really {helped|hurt} my mix" , what is the purpose of disabling all plugins? If it's to stem-export your tracks without processing, then we have a checkbox for that in the stem export dialog.

Perhaps I'm over-thinking it.

-Ben

RE: The ability to bypass every single plugin and channel strip - sunrat - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 12:31 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Besides the "wow all those plugins really {helped|hurt} my mix" , what is the purpose of disabling all plugins?  If it's to stem-export your tracks without processing, then we have a checkbox for that in the stem export dialog.

Is that what the /opt/Mixbus32C-9.2.172/share/scripts/bypass_all_plugins.lua script is for? Could that be run independently?

RE: The ability to bypass every single plugin and channel strip - Dingo - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 05:17 PM)sunrat Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 12:31 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Besides the "wow all those plugins really {helped|hurt} my mix" , what is the purpose of disabling all plugins?  If it's to stem-export your tracks without processing, then we have a checkbox for that in the stem export dialog.

Is that what the /opt/Mixbus32C-9.2.172/share/scripts/bypass_all_plugins.lua script is for? Could that be run independently?

The bypass script only works on plugins in the Processor area, not the embedded EQ or Dynamics sections.

RE: The ability to bypass every single plugin and channel strip - PBuryk - 03-14-2024

@Dingo -

That's fine for me!
I was not expecting to bypass the EQ/Dyn sections.

Thanks for the tip!!!

Cheers!
Patrick

RE: The ability to bypass every single plugin and channel strip - Stephan S - 03-15-2024

Since people only have mentioned snapshots :
How about mixer scenes?