Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meter Value Reset
Greetings All -

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to reset the values of all the
mixer channel, mixbus, & master peak indicators before playing?
I'm thinking there might be a preferences setting but I can't find it.
This wold be nice for both MB & MB32C sessions.

Thanks!!!!
Patrick
Double-click resets fader, eq, compr all the things and clip indicator red sign.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Hello, Tassy!

Yes, I already know of the double-click reset, but isn't that only for single functions?
What I'd like to do is reset the values of -all- channel/mixbus/master channel strips
with one keystroke, say, CNTL-R. I would think that a peak value reset to "-inf" would
have been implemented as a default "under-the-hood" type action whenever one
would rewind to start-of-song anyway, and then controlled via a check-box toggle
in the session preferences.

I also miss the change-to-red feature that used to part of the peak indicator buttons
response in the (standard) MB releases.

Cheers!
Patrick
(04-27-2020, 07:42 AM)PBuryk Wrote: What I'd like to do is reset the values of -all- channel/mixbus/master channel strips
with one keystroke, say, CNTL-R. I would think that a peak value reset to "-inf" would
would rewind to start-of-song anyway, and then controlled via a check-box toggle

You can reset all at once by either clicking the button under the little meters in the top bar or you can Ctrl+Shift+click on any of the peak level displays.

Quote:I also miss the change-to-red feature that used to part of the peak indicator buttons

IIRC that has been changed to only turn red on input metering, as during playback all processing will be done in floating point and hence does not clip internally.
(04-27-2020, 06:44 PM)the C.L.A. Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 07:42 AM)PBuryk Wrote: What I'd like to do is reset the values of -all- channel/mixbus/master channel strips

You can reset all at once by either clicking the button under the little meters in the top bar or you can Ctrl+Shift+click on any of the peak level displays.

Quote:I also miss the change-to-red feature that used to part of the peak indicator buttons

IIRC that has been changed to only turn red on input metering, as during playback all processing will be done in floating point and hence does not clip internally.

Indeed!
Thank you for addressing my questions, here and in other threads!

Cheers!
Patrick