Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
open snapshot is a pain
no comment:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(10-30-2018, 01:50 PM)Tassy Wrote: no comment:

Hi Tassy, this is an old glitch, on the keyboard with an arrow up and down, the choice will be faster Smile I'm already used to choosing not with a mouse
Thanks Yuri, still tricky but really a lot faster
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(10-30-2018, 02:24 PM)Yriisem Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 01:50 PM)Tassy Wrote: no comment:

Hi Tassy, this is an old glitch, on the keyboard with an arrow up and down, the choice will be faster Smile I'm already used to choosing not with a mouse

I'll try that out tonight. Good tip!
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
I wrote about that in the main thread a month or so ago. Ended up using the mouse to expand the tree selection then the keyboard to pinpoint the actual entry. Always doing that.

http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...-6392.html

The little triangle is a fun one to click exactly upon. It should be transformed into an arcade game. You got it right on the first try ? You get a gift in a box Dodgy (just making fun)

In the same vein, clicking on an already selected entry in the editor list to move it elsewhere will instead put it into edit mode.

These two reeks of the same home-made software routine made a loooong time ago.

In the same vein, very often when adding gain editing points the actual level is raised/lowered 0.1 dB instead of adding a point. I already suggested to use the crossing of the blue line with the gain line instead of the specialized cursor.
These and more are the simple practical things I have been asking for for yearsSmile
Just to make MB ever more user friendly. Still waiting...

Nevertheless, 32C-5.1 is the first MBxxx, after the classic 2.5, that I have chosen using as my main mixing console.
This decision surprised even myself!
Thanks for everybody concerned to have developed MB to this level.
Tassy
How weird - this doesn't happen for me at all. I've tried regular Mixbus (which I build myself) and also the official build of MB32C. In both cases, as I hover over the snapshots, a small yellow tooltip pops up saying Last modified with: Mixbus 5.1

[Edit...] Aha - I answered my own question!! This is a consequence of having tooltips disabled.

[Edit2...] It's a horrible kludge but as a workaround, you can click on one of the snapshots (but don't let go of the mouse button yet). Then - with your mouse button still pressed - move the mouse very slightly, then let go of the mouse button. That'll then allow you to select a snapshot. Dodgy

Maybe (for the opening File Dialog) the 'disable tooltips' setting should just be ignored..?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(10-31-2018, 03:24 AM)johne53 Wrote: Maybe (for the opening File Dialog) the 'disable tooltips' setting should just be ignored..?

Or maybe, if project time allows, have a go at seeing what's wrong with that code. It's probably inherited in the editor list item selection, for one.

Cheers.
Anyone know if this happens on the other platforms? Or does it only affect Windows?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
I use Linux.