Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest way to combine two mono tracks into a stereo track?
I tried to search for the answer to this one and wasn't finding it -- hope I'm not asking a duplicate question.

In Pro Tools, I'm accustomed to the convenience of being to drag the contents of two mono tracks on to an empty stereo track for easier processing of a stereo field (I usually do it with drum overhead mics after checking for phasing, etc). Is there an easy way to accomplish the same task in Mixbus that I'm overlooking? The drag-and-drop didn't seem to be doing the trick, and while I know that could record the tracks into a new stereo track, I was hoping for a much faster solution.

Thanks for your help!

Matt Buckley
Bowlingotter Sound
www.bowlingottersound.com
I've never done this, so the first thing I tried was to pan the two mono tracks left and right and export them. It worked. Not particularly fast, but not slow either.
Buckley
You can import two mono to one stereo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-25-2017, 02:55 AM)Yriisem Wrote: Buckley
You can import two mono to one stereo

Got it -- looks like re-importing will be the quickest way forward. Thanks!

Matt Buckley
Bowlingotter Sound
www.bowlingottersound.com
Yup. I'll thank you too, Yriism.
So, lets say I accidentally got a stereo stem of a bass guitar that was supposed to be mono. How can I convert that stereo track to mono?
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

β€œIt did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
(05-28-2017, 07:22 PM)bapu Wrote: So, lets say I accidentally got a stereo stem of a bass guitar that was supposed to be mono. How can I convert that stereo track to mono?
The fastest way. Add a mono track and drag the bass into it turned out to be stereo random Smile can be imported into the selected track.
Select import one channel per track, get two mono tracks from one stereo